slammer302

Gear drive deck

slammer302

I thought I would share some pics of a spindle housing that my uncle made to replace the old broken cast iron housing my dad has been using in one of his 32" rotary/gear driven decks he made it out of steal so it weights a ton but it is well made and my dad has been using it for years I just took it out to put new bearings in it 2cb6597d44652fdf1d2043a1b2301241.jpgf016d1ddb3e41d7de9f1ce3a2a1789d1.jpg

• Like 1

groundhog47

Fine replacement, my original was cracked all the way across on both ends. Some PO had attempted to weld to fame only to find that break. It was breaking due to a bent drive shaft. Specialwheelhorse Jim fixed me up with all the parts and now he owns the whole deck and prob has it lookin new already! That really is a neat design even though more vulnerable than belt, and those spindle housings in any condition are getting rarer by the day. Your uncle's replacement ought to last forever with reg maintenance. :handgestures-thumbup:   

slammer302

Thanks groundhog I have one that is broke and I've been using it for a couple years now and it works fine but I guess it all depends on were it breaks

slammer302

I found these needle bearings at my local parts store they look like they have a seal made into them I'm going to use in place of the B-1212 needle bearing c3fd44a776ed4e1b23a42414d3067afa.jpg

Car quest sce-1211

• Like 2