localdj77

312-8 w/ wheelhorse snow blower chain and cable help!

localdj77

First off thanks in advance guys.  You guys have been awesome in helping me solves my horse problems and I hope to repay the debt some day!!!

I bought a blower from someone on here earlier this year and I fit it up last friday.  Everything worked good and man is it a beast!!!

When I bought it the chute cable was trashed.  I knew this going into it but man I had no idea it would be this hard to figure out!  I bought the cable and went to install it.  There are two cable stops but it looks like one used to be riveted somewhere but it no longer is.  Besides that I can't figure out how to wrap the cable to save my life!  lol  Any pics or thoughts are appreciated.

The chain on the thing seemed really sloppy.  Is it supposed to be?  I was afraid to spin it up to full throttle in fear of it flying off.  Is there a way to tighten it?  If not where could I find a new one?  

Finally something I forgot to mention in the title was that I need rear lights.  I thought about buying a flashing version since I will be blowing near the road but I think I'll settle for just a "non broken" pair.  What have you guys done?  I also bought some LED flood lights I'm going to mount up.  These suckers are bright....gonna have some pics and vids coming this winter!!!!

gwest_ca

See if this manual helps with the cable.

Some of the early manuals I think have a better explanation but have to look for them. Will do if needed.

The last page explains the chain tensioner.

In my experience if you can't get enough adjustment in the slot replace the chain. Once it is worn that much it starts to wear the sprockets and the one on the auger is expensive to replace.

Garry

localdj77

Perfect!  I downloaded that manual.  Great addition.  Looks like the inside cable clamp is the one broken off.  I think I can repair it. 

I'll see if the slot is enough.  It's so sloppy right now I doubt it is but we will see!  Thanks so much!

varosd

I have replaced all my tailights with LED's

www.superbrightleds.com has M9 Red LED marker lights that are a perfect tailight replacement. you can also add a flasher control also available from them.

doc724

I also bought the same tali lights as Don Varos.  About a 30-45 minute install time (you have to remove the seat pan and seat).  I did not know about the flashers though.  Must have missed that.

chazm

throwercable.jpg

This may help ...  :eusa-think: 

• Like 1

localdj77

You guys are awesome!

localdj77

Order placed!  Didn't know they were called M9 lights.   Ordered a strobe too.  Should do the trick!

varosd

maybe its a DOT standard or like "Plan 9 from Outer Space" :D

localdj77

LOL.....I was thinking about getting a wig wag module for the tail lights......then it crossed my mind I should get one for the head lights too.  Mind you they are 1150 lumens each now...lol   Wake up neighbors it's time to disco!!!!