Ed Kennell

312-8 /deck compatibility and belt length

Ed Kennell

I have been searching the manuals trying to determine if a 36XR02 deck will fit on a '92 312-8 and if so what is the correct belt length ? I could not find anything in the tractor manual to confirm that this deck will fit. I have the deck, but don't have the tractor, or I would just install the deck and try some belts .
I did locate the deck in the implement manuals section and it lists this deck as a 1984/84 but does not tell me what tractors it will fit. Will it fit any tractor with a mid and front Attach a Matic ? In the belt length manual it lists a no. 106433 HA/A 40.06" deck drive belt. The chart shows a HA/A as a 6 sided 1/2" wide belt. Will a regular 1/2" 4 sided belt also work?
Some of the belt lengths are ~ 40" and some are ~80". Is the 40" just 1/2 the total length measured along the outside wide edge of the belt?
Sorry for all the questions. Seems like I should be able to figure :eusa-think:  this out by now, but I NEED HELP. :confusion-helpsos:

ScottCT

I'm not sure about the belt but all the front and mid mount attach a matics are compatible.The only issues that I'm aware of are left hand tire clearances with some of the mower decks if you have one of the tractors with 8" wheels, particularly the 37". I swap attachments between my c121 and 312-8. Hope this helps you a little

gwest_ca

The A5-36XR02 and 05-36XR02 fits the 1983-84 B-Series and LT-Series of tractors.

HA/A (HA or A) is not the same as HAA which is 6-sided

These decks do not use a six-sided belt.

You should be able to use a search box in the top right of this file - enter just the 36XR02 

Garry

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the link Garry.    So I see the file only lists this deck as usable on the 1983/84   B  and  LT series tractors. 

I am  curious as to the difference between these two tractors and the C and 300 series that prevents them from using this 36RX02 deck.

gwest_ca

This service bulletin may explain part of it

Garry