chipwitch

Need help with Deck/mid mount implement clearances

chipwitch

First, I don't have much experience with WH.  My C-125 is it.  I've only had it for 6 mos and the deck is shot... never been mounted.

I'm designing a 3-pt hitch.  I'm concerned that my design might interfere with the deck (should I ever decide to use the tractor for mowing) or perhaps some other mid-mount implement.  Though I'll probably never purchase any standard mid-mounted implements, including the deck, one never knows what will happen in the future.  For that reason, I'd prefer that my 3-pt hitch design not interfere with any mid-mounted implement.  I realize this is a tough question to answer, but it doesn't hurt to ask:

The long chassis rails that go fore to aft on either side is where I would like to make a connection point.  Mind you, this isn't the only point of contact, but on both sides, I want to drill a hole in the chassis where a 1/4" thick 1" flat bar could be bolted.  This bar would be about 1-2" long, hanging down.  To the free end, will be a welded piece of sqare steel tubing.  1-1/4" going from left to right and extending past both sides of the chassis by about 3".  Now, the location of the hole to be drilled in the chassis would be located just aft of the round floorboard rear support and immediately in front of the transmission mount (shroud?).  In the photo, you can see where a hole is already drilled approximately where I'm talking about attaching.  The 1-1/4" cross member I mentioned will protrude through the drive belt.  If it weren't for the rockshaft and associated linkage, the 1" flat bar would be short, essentially mounting the cross-member directly to the bottom of the chassis at the location indicated.  So, the question is this, would any mid-mount implement one might install interfere with the bracket I just described?  I'd really hate to have to remove the 3-pt at any time simply to use some other implement.  Personally, I think it should always be there, ready to work.

I hope I was able to describe that okay?post-13140-0-53237200-1412619747_thumb.j

Ed Kennell

I don't believe that would interfere with a deck.  You may want to put a bolted piece in there to make it easy to replace the drive belt.

chipwitch

I don't believe that would interfere with a deck.  You may want to put a bolted piece in there to make it easy to replace the drive belt.

You're right about that!  I've been considering a couple options...  Appreciate the input, Ed.

:beer: