Geno

They're All RED Now!

Geno

I mowed with the new 520H with the 60" deck last weekend and decided it was all I needed.  I posted the only non red tractor I had on CL yesterday afternoon and it sold immediately.  Now they are all red as it should be!  

Bye bye Cub.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

post-13404-0-76507700-1412183738_thumb.j

• Like 2

AMC RULES

It's about time.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Sparky

So was the Cub a good honest heavy duty machine....or was it just another slapped together zero-turn built by MTD?

Mike.........

Geno

It was a very good machine, every lever and deck lift piece was 1/4" steel and had more grease fittings than it knew what to do with.  It had the Kohler Command 23HP.  They don't have any hydro problems like the RTZ's do either.  Never touched it or put a part on it other than maint and it was a 2006.  I mowed about 2 acres with it 1-2 times a week and it hit plenty of low stumps that I cut down in a fencerow a few years ago.  I bought it on CL 4 years ago pretty cheap but it was about 9,000 when new.

AMC RULES

More room for the red one's now Geno.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Ken B

More room for the red one's now Geno.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

That is what I was gonna say... That Cub looks like it was a real nice machine and well built but the price of 9 grand when new tells me they didn't sell many of them. I have never seen one on the back of any full time landscapers trailer to date and that is a lot of dough for a home owner to cough up..

I can't speak for the Cub but I have used a Scag that was similar to your Cub. You can get a hell of a lot of grass cut lickety split and it was fun to use as well...  Cutting 2 acres isn't too bad but anything more than that with a 520 would be too much for me, I'd want something faster. How was the Cub on fuel? The Onan enjoy's fuel.... I have been looking for an older Zero Turn for a while now...

• Like 1

Geno

The cub was a lot easier on fuel than the 520 Onan.  One thing I will say for the 520, it cuts about as fast as the cub.  I never knew they made a conventional type mower that had a blade speed like a zero turn.  The only real time lost is in the turning.  I really like having the steering wheel back, maybe I'm just old and more used to it.   :)

SousaKerry

yeah I can't stand the steer bars either, used my dad's simplicity zero turn a few times avery time you hit a bump the controls will jerk when you bounce and usually hit something.

slammer302

Plus when mowing with a conventional mower you have one hand free for a drink

Geno

Or a good cigar. 

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

The cub was a lot easier on fuel than the 520 Onan.  One thing I will say for the 520, it cuts about as fast as the cub.  I never knew they made a conventional type mower that had a blade speed like a zero turn.  The only real time lost is in the turning.  I really like having the steering wheel back, maybe I'm just old and more used to it.   :)

Geno,

It's time to join the 5xi Club with PS, cruise, and 60" decks. Oh! Wait - I still might want another and wouldn't want you cornering that market too. :ychain:

John

• Like 2

Ken B

Or a good cigar. 

Good point, I always enjoy a good cigar while mowing! 

• Like 1

Geno

Geno,

It's time to join the 5xi Club with PS, cruise, and 60" decks. Oh! Wait - I still might want another and wouldn't want you cornering that market too. :ychain:

John

:eusa-think:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Gene,,,, the xi, try it,,,, youll like it.

Glenn

• Like 1

Geno

I probably didn't pay for all of my stuff what 1 XI would cost me.   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1