RMCIII

WHAT WILL YOU BE USING TO CLEAR SNOW 2014!!!????

Ben  Drinkin

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.   Sunday night it started snowing again and by Monday night the new snow was knee deep. So after work on Monday I spent three and a half hours clearing the drive and

parking area with the Wheel Horse. The little Onan worked at full load  the whole time only stopping for fuel and to move vehicles. Maybe she's a keeper.

• Like 1

ericj

had a little over 3" here got the 520-H withe the 2 stage blower and went through it like a hot knife through butter. the beauty of it all is that i now don't have to worry about piles of snow laying around for ever. on a second note went up to wife's grandma's and got the 416-H out with the single stage low shoot on it and was very disappointed in the way it worked, i guess the 2 stage has me spoiled.

eric j   

• Like 3

Flatheadpete

I can't wait for more snow.  Haven't used the 856 in quite a while.....

• Like 1

decksetter

had a little over 3" here got the 520-H withe the 2 stage blower and went through it like a hot knife through butter. the beauty of it all is that i now don't have to worry about piles of snow laying around for ever. on a second note went up to wife's grandma's and got the 416-H out with the single stage low shoot on it and was very disappointed in the way it worked, i guess the 2 stage has me spoiled.

eric j

I'm not impressed with a short chute either, so i added a piece of aluminum to mine yesterday. I call it the 10 minute tall chute. It also works better at half throttle in light powder because full throttle just spews it all over the place.cd26aa0e3939804f63afba2d085fbe46.jpg
  • Like 1

82Caddy

While I was clearing snow yesterday the septic tank pump fried itself (Thanks sellers for lying to us - that's another story) and emitted a cloud of smoke with some nasty smells. When the septic guys arrived they were amazed how clean the driveway was and wanted to know what company I used to move the snow. They weren't amused when I told them it was an old Wheel Horse lawn tractor with a snow blade on the front.

• Like 4

rmaynard

A little over 3" here over the last 24 hours, so I fired up the B-100 with the 48" blade and new blade edge. Man did that blade cut nicely. A fresh edge on the asphalt made for a nice clean driveway.

However, the B-100 quit in the middle of the road. It started back up with full choke, but wasn't running right. So after I got it off the road and back into the driveway, I checked the fuel tank. Full. Had gas running through the filter. So I pulled the main jet needle valve and checked it. Okay. Still would only run on full choke, then no choke, then half choke, etc.

Bottom line, I think my fuel pump is shot and I am running on gravity fuel feed only. 

Got the snow plowed though. Will address the fuel pump this afternoon.

• Like 2

1973Auto

Here she is:post-135-0-38055100-1420650500.jpg

• Like 2

Cutlas3391

Today lake effect kicked in 18 inches here south of buffalo.... Big D took care of it. Also I got a thing for these Wheel horse Sleds lately this is my 3rd one now...

post-8224-142065726774_thumb.jpg

post-8224-142065728411_thumb.jpg

post-8224-142065729486_thumb.jpg

post-8224-142065731654_thumb.jpg

post-8224-142065733107_thumb.jpg

post-8224-142065734292_thumb.jpg

post-8224-142065735859_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

608KEB

75 B80 with plow, 93 520H I put in Matt's hydro pedal. It works great! After using a cab, I won't go without one again. :woohoo:  :icecream:

post-5623-0-37633000-1420692341_thumb.jp

post-5623-0-32543300-1420692375_thumb.jp

• Like 5

wrmhaste

I will mainly be using my truck until I can design my cab for my 520h. However the 520 with a 2 stage blower and 10 automatic with a rescued blade that had been modified will get plenty of exercise. I've already had 3-4 occasions where there's been a foot in my driveway and there's another storm on the way.

post-13168-0-05705300-1420765750_thumb.j

post-13168-0-50366300-1420765793_thumb.j

post-13168-0-73073000-1420765815_thumb.j

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That 2 stage is a brute. They do the job, between all you have. Nice.

Glenn

wrmhaste

Yes. I was thoroughly impressed the first time I used the two stage. The other day I accidently ate a 3 gallon wooden flower water jug. It was completely fine. The 73 is also a plowing animal. The plow had been previously modified to fit a 4 wheeler. I didn't get the axle bracket so I just moved the mid mower mount back for mounting it. Works great. We got heavy rain one day and the next day was test day for it. The foot of snow we had turned into 6" of the heaviest snow I've ever seen. Without weights it would push about 15-20 feet. Put the weights on and it's unstoppable.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

How do you lift that blade with it hanging out front sooo far?

Molon_Labe

Are those Tach-Matic brackets moved back on the frame that the blade is connected to?

wrmhaste

It's actually not that bad to lift. I put 2 Springs on it and made them adjustable. And yeah I moved the bracket back. I don't need it for mowing so it works out great. I also had to build a new way to angle the blade. The original was cut off by the previous owner

post-13168-0-60364300-1420824787_thumb.j

post-13168-0-31737200-1420824829_thumb.j

• Like 4

Desko

Man was pushing snow with the D160 and broke the angler for the blade dont even know what i snagged but the articulation cylinder made it worse when i didn't realize it was broken

• Like 1

Flatheadpete

Let's see if my video works. Grandpas 856 pushing snow.

19BEC8DF-F228-4F21-ABE0-09B0E2F0390B_1.j

th_D7404BE9-2B1C-4873-BD2B-8CB7E726DA70.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Pete, I got some walt disny movie?

Glenn

aaubrey96

Last year some of you guys wanted me get a video of the Agco lt85 that I have at work clearing some snow, so this morning I took a poorly filmed video of pushing snow with it. https://vimeo.com/1185074348ee54701e7223c0f815f745cffaed8e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

alswagg

At our cabin the D180 is easily clearing the snow with the blower. At our shop I am using the D 180 front loader/ backhoe.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Let's try this again. I had posted 3 videos yesterday. I see nothing came through. Don't look at the color and don't scream munity. It is what the thread was created for. The best I can est. is about 17' in height and some 20 plus feet in distance. The short chute really does knock the height down. All in all, I did 16 driveways yesterday and helped a few people get un-stuck. Secondary roads were impassable if you only had 2 wheel drive. Ended up with 14" where I reside. The drifting had some drifts close to 30". As long as the auger was full the blower put the snow out there. In the end, it's just color. Kohler shakes this one the same way it shakes a red one! :woohoo:  :laughing-rofl:

Rob

IMG_1314.MOV

IMG_1322 (1).MOV

IMG_1323.MOV

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Let's try this again. I had posted 3 videos yesterday. I see nothing came through. Don't look at the color and don't scream munity. It is what the thread was created for. The best I can est. is about 17' in height and some 20 plus feet in distance. The short chute really does knock the height down. All in all, I did 16 driveways yesterday and helped a few people get un-stuck. Secondary roads were impassable if you only had 2 wheel drive. Ended up with 14" where I reside. The drifting had some drifts close to 30". As long as the auger was full the blower put the snow out there. In the end, it's just color. Kohler shakes this one the same way it shakes a red one! :woohoo::laughing-rofl:

Rob

Rob, for some reason I can never open any of those videos. Cant figure out why.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

RMCIII

Glenn - do you have media player?

Rob

RMCIII

Ok, could this be right? So 16 driveways that averaged 100' in length, 10' in width and had 12" of snow covering. Some much more, but 12" will be the average. If I am calculating it correct and I factor in the rain and wet snow we got along with drifting. That would mean I moved some 270,000 pounds of snow or well over 100 tons of snow! That is a lot of snow!

Rob

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glenn - do you have media player?

Rob

yes,,,,,,,,,,,