RMCIII

WHAT WILL YOU BE USING TO CLEAR SNOW 2014!!!????

craigbic
Here's what I'll be using this year:

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

Craig:

What is the model number on that snow blower?

It looks like a tall chute with the deflector and the rotation gear, but its short! Never seen anything like that before, just curious!

PaulC

Good catch Brandon! looks to me like someone removed the lower section for some reason? which is weird because no one ever wants to go smaller??? at least I didn't refer to page 11 of this thread :laughing-rofl:

craigbic

Yes it is a tall chute and yes I did remove the extension. The snow the other day was extra heavy and wet in Western, MA and the extension had some internal rust and even with oil sprayed into it, it kept clogging. I removed the chute and got much better results. I plan on smoothing out the extension a bit and repainting the inside and then putting it back into it's proper place.

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

Aha! That makes sense. I thought you may have had a rare model or something.

Glad to hear that works, I will make a note for heavier snow in the future!

• Like 1

craigbic

I even tried giving it a quick hit with a sanding pad while it was still on the tractor but it didn't help.

PaulC

Wet nasty snow can make it a real p.i.t.a. I was given a can of graphite spray paint by another member to try out with him telling me it does a real good job. It says on the can about use for blowers and mower decks even I think  :eusa-think: I have now sprayed both of mine with it but have yet to be able to try them. 

craigbic

I've tried the graphite spray and found that PAM cooking spray worked just as well.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Sno - Jet....

• Like 1

Ken B

This year I'm gonna tone it down a little and go with this sweet runnin 855. There is probably 150 pounds of weight on each rear tire between the weights and calcium in the tires. With the two link chains and narrow rear tires its gonna be unstoppable.if we get any real deep stuff I'll use my Toro 8/24 walk behind snow blower..DSCN2410_zps79245f88.jpg

• Like 2

ericj

This year I'm gonna tone it down a little and go with this sweet runnin 855. There is probably 150 pounds of weight on each rear tire between the weights and calcium in the tires. With the two link chains and narrow rear tires its gonna be unstoppable.if we get any real deep stuff I'll use my Toro 8/24 walk behind snow blower..

what your not going to use that new tractor you just got, what was that, oh yea that 420 lse lol   :ychain:  :ROTF: 

eric j  

• Like 1

Ken B

Yeah I won't be using that one!  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

PMaine

Here is my rig. Windshield wiper motor in the works!

20141201_173841_zpslvtftv8k.jpg

• Like 5

Eric857

I will be using my 857, Little Red Riding Hood, this year. I have never really plowed before so it should be interesting. I even have a flashing light that plugs into the tractors cigarette lighter so I can be seen by any and all traffic while plowing out my house and other houses. Might be overkill but its funny so so its worth the laugh. The light is not seen in the image.

post-11463-0-63847100-1417493643_thumb.j

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My main snow remover this year is going to be my recently acquired 520H. Mounted on it will be the tall chute I got at the end of last year. Can't wait to feel that Onan torque and compare it to the 416-8 from last year. The plow that came with the 520 won't be used. Probably sell it. The 522xi with the mint single stage won't be used either. I still have my wrangler with plow on standby. And the walk behind 15 year old murray for walkways etc. The 520 "can't wait" for the 500 ft driveway battle is my main battle tank. Just have to put the chains on. And no snow cab yet either.

Glenn

post-12073-0-07307300-1417495750_thumb.jpost-12073-0-89726600-1417495801_thumb.jpost-12073-0-04700400-1417495849_thumb.jpost-12073-0-42063500-1417495923_thumb.j

• Like 8

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Yeah I won't be using that one!  :laughing-rolling:

Ken, now that you cleaned the rust you can start over. Lol

J/K,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont blame you.

Glenn

RMCIII

Ken - Come on! Just 1 video of the 420 blowing some light snow would be so COOL! I bet if you got the right shot it would be used as a photo for the calendar. :woohoo:

PMain - Nice cab and tractor. Did they give you the option to have a black cab?

Eric - great choice. Red Riding Hood will feel right at home playing the snow with the right winter gear!

Glenn - I am shocked you are going to leave the xi under wraps. You were so excited when you got it. You should do yourself a favor and get it out at least 1 time. Maybe to compare the 520 vs. the 522. They both have the tall chutes. Just make sure the xi is in an area you know has no rocks or material that may ding that pretty new blower up! :woohoo:

• Like 1

Ken B

I will be using my 857, Little Red Riding Hood, this year. I have never really plowed before so it should be interesting. I even have a flashing light that plugs into the tractors cigarette lighter so I can be seen by any and all traffic while plowing out my house and other houses. Might be overkill but its funny so so its worth the laugh. The light is not seen in the image.

Very nice! Make sure to add some 2 link chains or you won't be going anywhere...

craigbic

Sno - Jet....

Admittedly never used Sno-Jet. Been hearing some good things about it so maybe I'll pickup a can from Amazon.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Sno-Jet is sold in Lowes and Home Depot.

Rob

• Like 2

Flatheadpete

Hopefully mine will look that nice next summer.....

• Like 2

slammer302

I know I'm running a little late but here's what I'm going to use this winter for snow removal its a commando 8 with cast inside wheel weights on the back and I have 3 sets of front wheel weights under the seat and a set on the front and I installed a new stainless steel wear bar on the blade this yearf70073650076136d07107251efb0c7a7.jpgc152bdab7f23eb00d07758061409aa03.jpg57bdc447e68b54f8054b3187ed41cfcf.jpgc2b69ad19c3b462a370580383b4c0ef0.jpg

• Like 5

Fun Engineer

I know I'm running a little late but here's what I'm going to use this winter for snow removal its a commando 8 with cast inside wheel weights on the back and I have 3 sets of front wheel weights under the seat and a set on the front and I installed a new stainless steel wear bar on the blade this yearf70073650076136d07107251efb0c7a7.jpgc152bdab7f23eb00d07758061409aa03.jpg57bdc447e68b54f8054b3187ed41cfcf.jpgc2b69ad19c3b462a370580383b4c0ef0.jpg

Those short frame commandos will push a lot of snow. Nice set up.

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Like 2

RMCIII

Shaun - All I can say to that is you will hold the record this year for most snow moved, unless someone from Montana chimes in! :woohoo:

Rob

• Like 2