bobpope

1075 Hydro transmission

bobpope

I have been working on a Workhorse 1075 hydro. It was sitting for years in my mother in laws shed. It was put in there because of the transmission was not working. I have been able to get the lawn tractor to run but have not been able to get it to move forward or backwards. Are parts available for this unit? Do any other models have the same transmission? Can the transmission be rebuilt? If so who do you recommend? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

rmaynard

:WRS:  Nice to have you. Are you referring to a Wheel Horse 1075? If so, that is a 1965 model. It along with the 875 were the first hydros that Wheel Horse made. The Sundstrand 3100077 can also be found in the 875, 876, 1076, 1276, 877, 1077 and 1277 models. I don't know what is still available as far as parts are concerned, but other member will jump in with some answers.

One thought however, there should be a tow valve to release the transmission to allow pushing and towing. Check to see if it is closed.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Trouty56

Be sure all the linkages from the motion control lever to transmission are working and moving the cam.....be sure the belt tensioner is working correctly and turning the pulley on the tranny....should be a fan on the right side ......can't remember if the pulley is keyed, splined, or on an oblong shaft out of the tranny....but whatever it is be sure the shaft is turning......check the oil level in the tranny....most likely ATF...dexron type.....maybe drain it and put more in it and change the filter (have 5-6 qts dexron type ATF handy....Wheel Horse or NAPA 1410 filter).....and check the hubs to be sure the axle is not turning.....

But first check the tow valve as bmaynard suggested.....

Geno

Hello and   :WRS:

bobpope

Well I will admit that I was finally able to navigate this web sight and found the manual. Did the adjustment to the tow valve and presto. It rode out of the shop like it hadn't been rode in 25 years. Mower took right off when engaged and mowed fresh grass. I am excited to take the next step and remount the push blade and look for other attachments.

Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1

Sparky

That's great news!!

Mike......

Geno

Glad you got her going, got any pics of your Horse?   :)

rmaynard

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was. It's always helpful to the next guy that has your same problem.

Glad it was something simple. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Fordiesel69

1075 is a great beast.  My 875 is great too, just a tad under powered.