bo dawg

what does the 64-65 1054 numbers represent?

bo dawg

I know, I should already know this, and probably due but too stupid to figure it out, or it hurts trying.

What does the 1054 numbers represent? I know the 10 is for 10hp engine but what's the 54? it's not deck size. I always wanted one and a friend of mine is possibly trading for one, so be nice to know.

Thanks

Edited by bo dawg

SPINJIM

Just a guess, but if it's like the earlier models, the 5 stands for electric start, and the 4 stands for 1964.   Hopefully, someone knows for sure.

Jim

oldredrider

5 means electric start, 4 stands for the year. 1964

bo dawg

Didn't they make a 1054 in 1965 as well? Never knew the 5 stood for electric start.

Martin

1965 was 1054A, go figure.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmaynard

In 1965 there was a 1054A

gwest_ca

Just to confuse you more there was a 1964 model 1045. It has been said they already had a model 1054 at the time so they reversed the last 2 numbers. There are always a few surprises.

Garry

• Like 1

bo dawg

Lol! oh well. Good info. 

Thanks guy's!

Terry M

I have a 1966 sale brochure showing all the 66 models with a 1054 included in the line-up...???

64s

The 1054 in 1965 was a 1054A because they already had a 1055,  and I suspect the 1054(A) showed up in a '66 sales brochure because they were still trying to clear inventory.

Terry M

The 1054 in 1965 was a 1054A because they already had a 1055,  and I suspect the 1054(A) showed up in a '66 sales brochure because they were still trying to clear inventory.

That was my guess too.....but if that was the case...there must have been quite the inventory leftover to add this model in the 66 line-up....

wouldn't you think? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Kegler

To make things more interesting I think there was more than one 1055, I have one that looks just like my charger 10, (1967?)  but have seen one that has the 1055 on the belt guard that looks nothing like mine.