slammer302

I thought I would post the clean up of the 502 I got at the mid mo meet and greet its been a while sense I've had a thread about what I've been working on. Here's what I have the belt guard says its a 502 but I think its a 552 it has the battery box and the HH55 looks original and it ran but the valves are shot and the seats are very pitted someone reground the valves but did not recut the seats so it would run but wouldn't pull its self when I tried to ride it around the yard I cleaned it up with sos pads and pulled the motor I'm not going to paint it I like the old pinta here's sum pics47a059aac769b7c648f4e3b69bfbee02.jpg46197d5dfcc34fd43eae03e294ce8893.jpgd91d277640bc9f5cfb11ec57e2352a70.jpg203cadc8e4a3697093d718d20ec2652b.jpg

• Like 5

Firpo701

Good looking little :wh: round hood! I like the cast seat. Often wondered what one would look like mounted on a 60's model. :-)

specialwheelhorse

I really don't know for sure but my sister out west sold a seat

Much like that for BIG moola

.i hope my wife don't notice me drooling over that sweet thing!!

• Like 1

slammer302

Don't let Bowtie Guy hear that he almost didn't let the seat go with the tractor.

• Like 1

slammer302

I got the motor switch out today to a HH-60 that had setting on the shelf for about a year and it fired right up and runs great needless to say I'm super excited here are a few pics I still need to get it all wired up and need to paint the wheels192125abd4a724ab73358e75757f27fa.jpge511392af1ab2b67b9fe20e104557754.jpgbab0a63399aa5f61b174d1b7bdc39271.jpg75a314b651d4420599edc50fa0d0913e.jpg

• Like 4

Geno

Very nice Slammer.  That seat may have some real value, it looks like it came from a piece of McCormick Deering horse drawn equipment.  There should be a 3 digit casting number on the bottom and it may or may not have a D in front of the 3 numbers.  :)

• Like 1

slammer302

I will look

sorekiwi

On the '62 models the battery box was welded to the frame, so both the 552 and 502 had a battery box.  Often the recoil start tractors had a toolbox sitting in the unused battery box.

slammer302

That's good to know I could be way off on my theory about it being a 552 . would it had a Lawson motor originally?

Zeek

Dang, that's in good shape!  Love that seat!

Some Tecumseh's run good.  I have a 552 that purrs  :banana-rock:

Not a Kohler, but hey, it's nice to have all kinds of the reds.  I think most of these guys are closet tecky fans anyway  :eusa-whistle:

• Like 1

slammer302

At one point in my wheel horse life I thought teckys were useless in till I got my lawn ranger now I don't mind them its a new challenge for me it don't take much to get a Kohler to run good because there awesome but once you get a Tecumseh running good you feel like you accomplished something

• Like 1

bowtieguy

That tractor was one of the nine that I found in a 40' trailer (probably in the 1980's)...dealer was a farmer that became a dealer when Mr Pond told him he could be a WH dealer if he bought 3 new tractors....that farmer is dead now but I'll bet that tractor has plenty of history if it could only talk!

PS..really neat seat...and nobody  commented on those rear WHITEWALL tires equipped with STUDS!!

Edited by bowtieguy

slammer302

This thing has grown on me I plan on bringing it back to the meet and greet next year thank you frank for letting me get ahold of it

slammer302

I checked the seat out it does have the #'s D267 on the bottom