sraces

PTO To Mower Deck Belt Help Needed

sraces

I have a 1995 Wheel Horse 314-8 (Model 73400) that I purchased new in 1996.  it has been my pride and joy for mowing the yard.  Before leaving on a long driving trip a week or so back, the PTO to mower deck belt broke.  This was the original belt!

I ordered a new Toro V-belt Part # 7473 and it arrived today.  I removed the guard from the from belt assembly so the new belt could be put on around the front adjustable pulley assembly.  It seems that the belt is 5-6 inches short or reaching around the PTO pulley so I can attach everything and put the cover back on.  The front belt assembly is loosened up all the way.

I called a dealer and confirmed I have the right belt.  The wife and I measured the belt and it was roughly 83 inches.  Any insight as to a procedure for installing the new belt would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

WheelHorsebelt_zps806b3f0d.jpg

Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

can whlvr

for some reason my computer wont let me into my favs so I can look up your part number but im 99 percent sure you ordered the drive belt for the tranny,not for the deck,the drive belt for the deck is longer

gwest_ca

Tractor drive belt chart

Mower deck models

78305 - 36" rear discharge

78345 - 42" side discharge

78350 - 42" rear discharge

78355 - 42" recycler

78360 - 48" side discharge

Mower belt charts

Belt dimensions are on the last pages.

Garry

sraces

Guys,

Thanks for the replies.  I just figured it out.  Will definitely need the 102742 belt.  it's 103 inches long.  Appreciate the feedback and the pdf files.  They were great!

Steve Stubbs

USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Edited by sraces