Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Actual size of deck belt?

bo dawg

So on a 48" deck the deck belt shows PN 1594 refering to the manual charts here in the group. So what is the correct size/lenght of belt? the old belt I can barely see but looks like L105.  

GlenPettit

From the 2001 Wheel Horse "Drive & Mower Belt Usage Charts":

Belt #1594 is 107.21" in length,  1/2" wide and 5/16" thick.

The Wheel Horse belts have the exact side bevel/angle and should last a lot longer.

Glen

• Like 1

bo dawg

thanks Glen

bo dawg

I picked up a 107" 1/2" vbelt today at the TSC store, but it is a little bit longer than the old one. It has an A105 marked on it with 107" length. I guess the A105 marking on the old belt means its really 105" length.

I freakin hate dealing with belts any more its hardly never what the manuals say it is. 

GlenPettit

I picked up a 107" 1/2" vbelt today at the TSC store, but it is a little bit longer than the old one. It has an A105 marked on it with 107" length. I guess the A105 marking on the old belt means its really 105" length.

I freakin hate dealing with belts any more its hardly never what the manuals say it is. 

I have to agree, many times the manual recommends a belt that actually seems to be 1-2" too long when on the tractor in use, or it could be the Belt-Factory actually made it a little too long for the idler to take up the slack ? ? ?    Much more common with non-Wheel Horse belts, but it seems to happen sometimes with Wheel Horse belts too, for me.

Wished I could always remembered to loosen the front mule a few turns to reduce tension on the belt in storage.

• Like 1