bowingo

1991 Toro Wheelhorse cracked transmission

bowingo

Wanting to locate a replacement transmission for a 1991 model 32120502 ser # 1021991. Hubby & friend cracked it trying to replace tire.  We are located in Weatherford, Texas and there doesn't seem to be much interest from local "Shops" to help us locate and replace. A good used one would suit. Thanks in advance for any help

gwest_ca

The 32-12O502 is an Onan powered model 212-5 using a 5-speed Peerless model 930-020 transmission.

Good luck in your search. Should not be that hard to find.

Garry

boovuc

Hello in Texas,

Google "Search Tempest" and go to the search tempest site. Next put in where you live, then enter what you are looking for. (Put in "Wheelhorse 212-5" or just "Wheelhorse 212". Then tell Search Tempest what mile radius to search from your home. It will search Craigslist and Ebay for this tractor as that is for sure where you want to start. (A parts tractor preferably with a blown motor and not a blown transmission).  :)

The next thing you can do is a search for a Peerless Transmission using the model number of the transmission above. (930-020). Most people who would post a transmission like that would just say "it came out of a Wheelhorse 212".

You can also put a "wanted" add on this site and see if anyone has a parts tractor or an old Peerless laying around.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Catmanii

Hello in Weatherford. I'm located about 45 miles south of Texarkana. I just thought I would let you know that Wheel Horse tractoer are far and few in Texas and repair shops are not interested because they can't get parts either. Most of the tractors are in the North East and are plantiful in that direction. The transmission should be easy to find just keep in mind that it will most likely have to be shipped and that is expensive. If you can make a trip you can sometimes buy a whole tractor in the North East for less then a part for it cost. Just someing to think about. Check out ebay also. Good luck and hope you find one that is resonable. :)

bowingo

Thanks everyone, I'm still looking for a transmission for my Wheelhorse.