kudzu3

foot prints, mud and ice cream

kudzu3

Took my newly restored, spotless and shiny B 80 to it's first show yesterday, never done anything like that before. While it was overall, a very enjoyable day, I did have a slight problem that I'm just not sure how to deal with. How on earth do you keep kids off your tractor? Seems like every time I turned my back, another kid was climbing on my prized "Ida red". :angry-nono:  All the parents were very nice about removing the young 'uns when asked, usually with an apology. My question is this...does anyone have any ideas for a sign, or other methods, to prevent this that wouldn't be offensive, or anger anyone? I thought about this; " any kids touching this tractor will be thrown into the fire box of the steam engine next door". :eek:

• Like 1

Geno

A Doberman sitting in the seat would do the trick.  :laughing-rolling:

I'm sure some others will chime in with some real help.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

KC9KAS

I saw a sign at a tractor show that read:

"If you ARE NOT my grandchild, stay off my tractors"!

Most shows I have been to the parents kept the kids off the tractors unless they asked 1st.

AMC RULES

:eusa-doh: It will be a sad day indeed when a kid sitting on my :wh: offends me. 

squonk

My only problem is the muddy feet full of grit getting dragged across the sheet metal. I'm ok as long I'm asked but when kids just jump on and start yanking and pulling  on stuff and the parents just stand their and watch, that pisses me off. My tractors work so they ain't perfect and got some war marks on them. Ezra's a great tractor for kids. Can't hurt too much on him. :) The RJ I have to keep an eye on. :eusa-shifty: 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Martin

the biggest issue i see here is the parent or guardians complete lack of respect for others property. kids will be kids, but they need to be taught to have respect for other peoples property. 

I've always seen better results from the parents asking if the child can sit on a tractor instead of just letting them jump from tractor to tractor pulling and yanking at things.

you want to encourage the kids to develop an interest, but there is a right way to go about it.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Some yellow tape roping off the area should help or at least alert the parents.  :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

This usually works:

If you value your kids, as much as I value this Wheelhorse, then KEEP THEM OFF! :woohoo:  :laughing-rofl:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Don't bring it.....lol

Glenn

• Like 2