nhunt308

1968 Lawn Ranger restore

Geno

Looking really good Nate!  :text-+1:

km3h

Very nice start.

857 horse

just for the road..............................yours make my powder coated wheels look like,,,,,,,,,,,,well that was it,,,powdercoat...

your wheels are VERY nice.....

good work..........now that you have the eyes of the world watching..............

scWHhauler

looking good

nhunt308

thanks for the kind words, I have gotten a few more pieces painted and have started working on the sheet metal, no new pictures at the moment but hopefully soon showing some progress, I broke down and (don't Judge)

I bought the HF predator 6.5 horse to power this little guy for awhile until I have the time to find and rebuild a tecky.. I just couldn't beat the price for this little worker, motor started first pull out of the box... just have to fab up a mounting plate.

km3h

From what I have been hearing, that Predator engine is a good one and you simply can't beat the price. A lot of folks are using them as replacements for power washers, snow blowers and such.

You have done a great job on this project. The old girl is looking really sharp. 

Geno

thanks for the kind words, I have gotten a few more pieces painted and have started working on the sheet metal, no new pictures at the moment but hopefully soon showing some progress, I broke down and (don't Judge)

I bought the HF predator 6.5 horse to power this little guy for awhile until I have the time to find and rebuild a tecky.. I just couldn't beat the price for this little worker, motor started first pull out of the box... just have to fab up a mounting plate.

We'll let you keep your :wh:  man card, for now.   :laughing-rolling:   :laughing-rolling:

slammer302

They are good motors but they are a tight fit on the round hoods from what I can tell

nhunt308

Ya it will be tight but it does fit. Unfortunately the hood Will have to come off to put gas in.

slammer302

If you still have the original tank you can take the tank off the predator motor and run gas line to it32c0ea632f814d0da2d774f8df3f0631.jpg I know its a bad picture but that's what I did with my suburban

I just made a plate to go over the motor were the gas tank was for looks

• Like 1

Geno

Looks good, nice idea Slammer.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

slammer302

Were the gas line disconnects from the gas tank put a fuel filter on it and run line to original tank

Thanks Geno the one front is my dads and the one in background is mine

• Like 1

nhunt308

thanks Slammer,

that thought had crossed my mind but I will have to build a bracket to hold my tank, it was set up to

bolt to the head of the motor.

slammer302

I have a lawn ranger that I had to take the hood off to put gas in it that got old fast I have it fixed now

nhunt308

Pile of parts blasted today!

5eb22bc1f8ff87b8fdf0b08000ea6c60.jpg

• Like 1

Geno

That's the way to do it.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

nhunt308

I got some primer on those parts last night and just have a few more to blast but I forgot to throw them in my car this morning :banghead:  .. still have to work on the rear rims one is in pretty bad shape (needs some bolt hole reconstruction) I will post before and after pictures when I start that. the hood and belt guard both need paint stripped(wont fit in the blaster) :bitch: .. need to make a mounting plate for the motor.. seems like the to do list is longer than I thought once I type it all out... a lot more red paint to spray also.. then time to start the deck and dozer blade...

Geno

It's all good Nate, you're saving a horse!   :handgestures-thumbsup:

nhunt308

Little progress tonight...

bd7bade2d9969b890d9db8800a109595.jpg

nhunt308

Here is a little more put together!! Getting close now. Just need front tires, some hole reconstruction on the other rear wheel, hood repair and paint and paint belt guard. Figure out how long me belt will need to be and get some foam for my seat.. ccea25fc6e672aa325ef58c2717e4f11.jpg3677ffa41d23df38e4ad20a1bb2fc3b6.jpgae7667f6d5cebe02325f0c664dd341fb.jpg

Please ignore the disaster of a garage it has gotten a little out of hand during this project. .

• Like 1

Geno

Looking good, getting close now, can you feel it!   :text-woo:

nhunt308

OK question, I'm trying to figure out belt size with the new motor. With the clutch out all of the way the belt measures 66" with no slack. How much shorter of a belt do I need? Or should I measure with the clutch pushed in and add to that measurement? Or is it a trial and error kind of thing?

nhunt308

Here are a couple more pictures of it coming together. The 312-8 snuck in the pictures also

ae17b6281e3a189ccb49649b7016e634.jpgb618b94cf66ff09ac6765c9710afbd4c.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:  Some beefy rear meats there on your 312...what are they?    :eusa-think: 

nhunt308

They are atv tires, I think they are "ambush" similar the hole shots. They aren't the best looking but I don't have any issues with traction in any terrain. No weight, no chains, and I pulls the brinly plow and push snow without problems. I think they are 23x10s

Edited by nhunt308
  • Like 1