thehorse

Is it doable?

thehorse

I have a 314-8 and was wondering if anyone has ever run a 2 stage snow blower with a non hydro and if so....what adaptations would I need to make. I run wheel weights, chains and a helper spring on my single stage currently. What is the going rate on a good shape 2 stage with winter coming?

Thanks

Len

boovuc

Your 314-8 would power the 2-stage blower. No issues at all. Wheel weights and chains.

The 2-stage WH or Berco units will go anywhere from $250 to 1000 bucks in Pennsylvania.

MalMac

boovuc is right it will power it. My experience is I have had it on a 314 and a 520. The 314 will do it but you will need to go at a much slower rate. The 520 is what it was designed for and when you compare the two there really is no comparison. You will most certainly work that 314. It will do it though. I sold my 2 stage in favor of a single tall shoot. So now I can use my 314 or 520.

Forest Road

I run a 2 stage on a 314h. Works well just need to go slow. Personally if the single stage is getting it done I'd stick with it.

My family ha s a vacation home in NY state. I often need to move 5' + snow banks from the plow guy. The 2 stage works awesome! Just extremely slow.

I paid $200 for mine a few years back. Need a total rebuild. I had it sandblasted and painted w industrial primer and paint. Probably have close to a grand in it.

I use wheel weights and approx 300lbs in this box. Makes a huge difference.

E7368063-489A-47B1-9880-243167074216-688