SpillerMiller

K341 valves

SpillerMiller

Good morning all. I have a WH with a K341 spec#: 71128A. Could someone please point me in the direction of some valves that wont have a combined price of $145-$170. Also, why is the exhaust valve $60-$70 and the intake is $85-$100? Arent they essentially the same valve? They are the same diameter. Or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

rmaynard

They are only $54 and $78 from ProPartsDirect.net.

Aftermarket can be found on eBay for anywhere from $15.00 to $40.00.

Edited by rmaynard

SpillerMiller

Have you or anyone else took original valves to a machine shop to be cleaned up and have a fresh angle cut?

Thank you by the way

pacer

Those import suppliers are all over ebay with a range of 'kits' for Kohlers. You can get a full overhaul 'kit' - piston, rings, rod, gaskets, and ... valves for less than the money youre talking about. Ive done 3 engines now and the stuff seems to be pretty darn nice.

And yes on refreshing the valves - I general put a fresh grind on mine in my shop with a gig I set up on my milling machine, so would imagine a shop would too.

SpillerMiller

I truly appreciate the help so far. And im looking at eBay right now. But why the price difference? Arent the two valves the same exact size? They both measure the same diameter and length...???

specialwheelhorse

As a general rule there are two different alloys involved in the two valves

As the exhaust valve is apt to have higher temps etc than the intake valve

In fact some old Clinton engines with valves the same size, if new intake valves are not

Available they say two exhaust may be used. As a general rule exhaust valves are

A little more expensive due to the alloy needed to manufacture, but never use an

Intake in place of an exhaust !!!!!!

SpillerMiller

Im finding the intakes are more then the exhausts...