Sign in to follow this  
tommyg

Mower blade replacement

tommyg

Looking for a good high lift replacement blade set for my 48" deck. I know I can get the standard TORO replacement  blade, but I was wondering if there was anything else out there that might perform better. I never thought the stock blade did a very good job at discharging the grass and I always pick up the clippings. Not sure I'm a fan of the gator blades, but I don't have a good reason. Mine are 16 1"16 with a 3/4" center hole.

tommyg

Soooo, by the lack of any responses, shall I assume that no one uses mower blades anymore? :)

gwest_ca

These are all I see with your dimensions

Toro 94-9776 Kit fits a recycler deck

Toro 106637 Kit is likely what you have.

Others replace them with

Napa 3 of # 7-04563

Oregon 3 of # 91-806

Oregon Gator Mulcher 3 of # 90-944

Oregon Gator Mulcher 3-in-1 3 of # 90-644

Stens 3 of 350-124

And no - I don't use any of them

Garry

pacer

Ive just ordered a set for my 48' deck off ebay at $6.99 each, $9.99 ship coming in at $31 for the 3 blades - figure I cant do to wrong at that price. I want to set my D-180 up with my Cyclone Rake using hi-lift blades --- I got tons of pine straw and that stuff is hard to get lifted enough to get it moving into the bag.

Do a search for "106637 hi lift blade" and see what you think...

tommyg

Ive just ordered a set for my 48' deck off ebay at $6.99 each, $9.99 ship coming in at $31 for the 3 blades - figure I cant do to wrong at that price. I want to set my D-180 up with my Cyclone Rake using hi-lift blades --- I got tons of pine straw and that stuff is hard to get lifted enough to get it moving into the bag.

Do a search for "106637 hi lift blade" and see what you think...

I'm looking for the highlift blades for the same exact reason. My D-180 and Cyclone rake has a tough time picking that stuff up.

Garry, thanks for those part numbers. I'll check them out.