Solex

Where does this go?

Solex

I recently bought my first 308-8  Wheelhorse and this spring came loose in transport, see attached a drawing from the parts list.  It is number 13 in the drawing, PTO Clutch Rod Spring part number 103125, and it attaches to the PTO clutch rod, but where? Can someone give me a good explanation or send a picture?

The machine has some wiring issues that I am trying to sort out, but one thing at a time.

post-13742-0-40027700-1409923204_thumb.g

Molon_Labe

This should help

post-13276-0-19056700-1409926051_thumb.j

• Like 1

N3PUY

If his (SOLEX) is like the one in the diagram it connects to the handle end of the rod with a cotter pin and then hooks to a notch near the battery tray.

Solex

That's right N3PUY because I found the spring under the battery tray. But can you be more specific regarding that notch or even provide a picture if there is enough room to actually see in there?

• Like 1

N3PUY

That's right N3PUY because I found the spring under the battery tray. But can you be more specific regarding that notch or even provide a picture if there is enough room to actually see in there?

Very difficult to reconnect .... the notch is just a little (1/8") circle in the corner of , I'm thinking, the right rear corner of the battery tray.  You really can't see it.  I'll look at my 416 this evening, it's like that.  My C125 has it at front.  You could always modify it to look like Bailey's picture. 

Joe

Geno

On my 414 and 417 they connect to the cotter pin through the shaft, then to a hole in the rear of the fuse block bracket here -  :)

post-13404-0-89227200-1409938275_thumb.j

Solex

Got it! Thanks you very much guys. Without this forum, there is no way that I figure that out on my own. Best Wishes.

N3PUY

Yeah!   Even my 416-8 is different.  It is attached to the belt guard bracket and the spring looks smaller diameter.

post-6866-0-12258300-1409957866_thumb.jp