fogler12538

D200 Pump? Hydro motor? Rear end? Or all of the above

fogler12538

Hello , I recently acquired a D200 with a front end loader , deck and a bunch of other stuff for 400.00  . After draining the old gas changing fuel filter and filing points , I got it running .The engine runs well and shows 346 hrs on it . Here's the problem , it wont move .After checking the push valve, I changed the filter and the fluid in the rear end and nothing changed , still no movement. When I move the lever to forward or reverse you can here the load on the engine . After  talking to some people , I blocked the rear end off the ground . When I spin one of the wheels the other wheel moves a little . When I put it in forward or reverse with the engine running the wheels move a little bit slowly .  When spinning the wheel I can here the gears but it doesn't sound like its bad and it doesn't fetch up  or anything . My biggest problem is I'm a carpenter with limited mechanic skills. I have read  the manual and have gone through it several times. I have also chatted with people in other forums . I don't know where to go from here . Where do I start? Strainer behind the hydo motor? Open the rear end? I just don't have a clue . Any help would be great

Thanks   Jim

pfrederi

The strainer behind the hydro motor is one of many possibilities.  But you should download the Sundstrand manual from the manuals section here and follow the diagnostics The pressure test is important. There are alot of potential issues that could cause your problem.  You have to take a logical measured approach to figuring it out.  I guess the previous owner knew there were serious issues (hence the bargain price).  You can put to together a pressure tester for small dollars from stuff from Surpluscenter.com.  The picture in the manual shows a 600 lbs gage...buy a 1000 psi gage.  There is a lot of experience here with Sundstrands but you have to narrow down the issues a bit.

tommyg

Seems to me I'd look at the mechanical end of it first rather than the hydraulics. Puzzles me that after you jacked up the rear end and turned one wheel that the other one moved "a little". Should it not move an equal distance in the opposite direction? I'm wondering if it's not something with the differential.

• Like 1

jeremi3210

One easy test is to check the pressures of the hydro it will give you your answers. By buddy's d200 did just about the same thing it had bad valve plates in both the hydro pump and motor. Some careful sanding and it's back running great.

Molon_Labe

Do the hydraulic cylinders function normally? If not it might be something as simple as a bad coupling to the pump.

Hodge71

I dont believe the loader hydraulics use the same pump. Normally the loader has its own pump and resivor.

Molon_Labe

I dont believe the loader hydraulics use the same pump. Normally the loader has its own pump and resivor.

How about the deck lift cylinder?