squonk

Anyone else still bailing hay in August?

squonk

I like seat time as much as anyone but this is nuts. These piles are out of my back yard alone. I would mow twice a week still if the rain would stop. 1st time in 28 yrs. of living here I haven't had a brown spot or 2 in my front yard.

EDIT: noticed the utility trailer in the neighbor's yard? They parked it there 6 yrs. ago and it hasn't moved since. (sense cents  :):rolleyes: I think it has taken root with all the rain. :jaw:

post-2380-0-29998200-1408822045_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk

AMC RULES

You're right Mikey...  :) 

it makes no good scents. 

Geno

At least the Horses are getting out to play!    :)

dcrage

I have the same 'problem' in east central Missouri -- But for me it is a good problem -- Had enough rain and cool weather that not only do I now have a lush stand of crab grass (which filled in my multiple bare spots) but the cool season fescues are also still growing -- For the first time in YEARS I am cutting grass every week in AUGUST!! 

• Like 1

Desko

I'm still mowing field hay and still mowing lawn every week

boovuc

Same here in Central PA Squonk! We get storms every week several times a week and it keeps the yard green and growing. I only went one week without mowing and that was mid-July. The trout fishing has been great so I'm not complaining!  :)

Wishin4a416

We are still mowing every 4-5 days here. Terrible.

Kegler

The northern half of Indiana had very little, if any, rain for the last month. Temps were also quite a bit below normal, No 90 degree days this year, until possibly today. Thur. and Fri we had something above 7" of rain. My rain gauge measures to 5" plus it had a 2" green piece on top that is about 4 times the diameter of the gauge and it was full too!  A couple of places recorded 10". Yard hadn't turned brown due to the cool weather but had sure had slowed the growth. May have to mow again now!

Wade

I was just headed out to Mow the 1.5 acres again also. This is the first time here in Greenbush Wisconsin I didn't have a brown lawn I sit on a sand base that goes down 180 ft. , it was great for the well drill but not so good when I want it green. I have my wish, the last two day's we had a fraction of what many of you had 5 1/4". Have a Pleasant afternoon.

Wade

Firpo701

Been eight days here in NE Ky. Looks like the 701 is going to have to flex her muscles tomorrow! :-P

post-12671-0-00991400-1408932511_thumb.j

Lagersolut

I've planted a cole crop every year for 20 years, about  100 plants of Broccoli , Califlower , Brussels and Cabbage around August 1st - 19 of those years the first 3 weeks is watering at least every other day until the plants are out of stress and use to their new environment .

This year I haven't had to water once and the plants almost showed no signs of stress- some nights we were down to 47 degrees . Today I weeded the soft August ground  and applied Dipel Dust.