nhunt308

I followed this c145 till it stopped

nhunt308

This horse stopped finally at a gas station . And turns out is for sale. Seems solid no battery and some electrical issues at the ignition switch (broken wires) deck solid with no holes been looking for a mow only tractor . Anybody have any opinions on this model for that task?ge3u9u3u.jpgybegejam.jpg

Shuboxlover

Looks like a nice solid tractor!!!  I'd get it!

MalMac

I use a C-145 just like that one to mow with. It's one of my favorites. Don't think you can go wrong with it. Just make sure the hydo is ok and performing like it should.

Ed Kennell

How far did you chase that horse before you caught it ?   :popcorn:  :laughing-rofl:

nhunt308

Just had to chase a few miles.. haha.

What kind of check can I do to see if the hydro is working as it should? Do I need to get it warm or will problems show themselves cold?

Desko

I believe that some of the transmissions in my the black hoods were Sundstrand and Eaton 11 meaning if its a Sundstrand the pump might be bad (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). It looks live a very solid tractor id go for it and no rust in the deck is a big plus

• Like 1

pfrederi

Warm it up put it against an immovable object with the rear tires on pavement and see if it will spin the rear wheels with you on it.

Geno

I have one just like it with a cab + snow blower.  The guy I bought it from used it for snow for most of it's life.  Mowing or anything else you want to do will be no problem with the 14hp.  :)

dennist

Great mowing tractor IMO

• Like 1

nhunt308

Alright looks like im gonna have to pack a battery some wire, gas and carb cleaner and see if I can bring that horse back to life to try it out.

• Like 2

nhunt308

Called about the horse looks like if im going to get it im just going to have to chance it.

• Like 1

Desko

Called about the horse looks like if im going to get it im just going to have to chance it.

you'll be fine don't worry and if there's anything wrong with it there's a bunch of help here on RedSquare. :)

nhunt308

Thanks for the good input. Hope I can post some pictures of it in its new home tonight

Geno

What is it someone says on tv - you can do it, we can help!    :text-+1:

Molon_Labe

That should make you a great tractor, congrats on the find!!

Ed Kennell

Judging by the strapping required to keep that horse on the POs trailer, You might have one WILD and CRAZY mustang on your hands             . :party:

• Like 1

nhunt308

Well I missed it guys. He sold it before I could get there. .. but ill find a decent black hood one of these days

Geno

Oh man, so sorry.   :eusa-doh: And no it wasn't me. :laughing-rolling:  

You gotta move fast on these things, but look on the bright side, you still have a good Horse. :)

jackhammer

nhunt308

How much was he asking for it ?

nhunt308

I was gonna give him $200 I think he got 250

nhunt308

May have spotted another black hood this morning. ..ill have to Investigate on my way home

jackhammer

Thanks,,

what I really don' t like is the plastic pan for the seat . I have a metal on my 83 I think PO swapped out