JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

C 195 also called the "Super C"

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

all of a sudden  I have come across quite a few C195 tractors for sale. Conditions and prices are all over the spectrum. So my question is what would you expect to pay. Condition wise from junk to jewels.

You fellas know I am still green in this hobby so its hard for me to even get close on a price guess in various conditions. I know alot of you fellas have them so any help that could be given to me in pricing of the C195 would be a great help to me.

Thanks, Glenn

Hodge71

Condition is always an important factor Glenn. Another thing to remember is if you're buying a worker or a trailer queen. As workers, theres really not much as far as implements for them. A 60 rear mower from a D will fit it if theres a 3 point and PTO on the 195. They have a 2000 RPM' PTO. A regular 48 will fit underneath and theres also a 60 that was made specifically for this tractor by Ariens. Heres the catch.....they don't make it anymore, the parts are nonexistent and if you find them they're worth more than gold.It also needed a special mule drive that mounted right behind the right front tire I believe a snowplow will fit them also but I don't think a snowblower will. At least Ive never seen snowblower for them. Another thing to remember when buying a tractor to use is the PTO bell is different than anything else Wheel Horse made, its called a cone clutch. It has an angled face instead of the 2 flat faces the rest of the tractors had. It is very expensive to have redone, although I have heard you can adapt a John Deere face to fit it. My brother had 3 of them at one time. It just got to the point of weekly use to mow 6 acres at his house was too much for them to handle. He finally sold them all at a loss just to get rid of them. I saw one on Ebay that a guy wants $3600 for, with a snowplow. Its nice but in no way shape or form worth $3600 just to plow snow unless you're independently wealthy. Take it for whats its worth..they're cool but to me they're even more useless as a worker than a D series is.

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

hodge, thanks, good post. I saw that ebay one also. looks nice but the price was very very very high to me also. Imho.

Frankly I just like them, if one came along I might have to have it. btw, if you check you tube there is a gentleman that has a snowblower on his, he made a few you tubes with it. He did state that the lift rod was special ordered by his dealer, whk actually found the rod for it. If I remember the rod is a bit over a foot longer than the standard one.

thanks Jeff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

Ken B

There is decent one for sale on C/L within striking distance for me for 900 bucks. It comes with a working mower deck. Not a bad deal IMO, but they are a space hog and I just don't need it....

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

There is decent one for sale on C/L within striking distance for me for 900 bucks. It comes with a working mower deck. Not a bad deal IMO, but they are a space hog and I just don't need it....

hey Ken, I saw that one also. The  only thing about that particular one is those same exact pictures were used when it was for sale last year to. Did you notice that? I got the horse fever so dam bad its chewing me a new azz. lol

Glenn

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Typo?    :scratchead:

Notice it says 16 horse Kohler on that tractor. 

It's been there a really long time.    :popcorn: 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Craig. What one are you looking at?

I see 195 on the hood. Curious.....

Craig. What one are you looking at?

I see 195 on the hood. Curious.....

Ken B

I called the guy last yr. He seemed on the up and up and seemed to be an older guy. He might not know what the hp is...

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I called the guy last yr. He seemed on the up and up and seemed to be an older guy. He might not know what the hp is...

Well sir, thats me,,,,,"the older guy" is the engine a 16 or 19 Ken? you got good glasses.  whats it say?

Glenn

AMC RULES

The ad in Mahopac says it's a 16hp Kohler.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I didn't say what's the ad say. I asked about the decal...It says 195? That's what I was trying to figure out.

Now you have me confused. And that's very easy to do. Lol

Glenn

AMC RULES

The sticker says C-195 Glen. 

post-3498-0-92280600-1408232132_thumb.jp

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Craig. Thank you. That's what I needed your young good eyes. Not my old man tired ones with glasses. As a note. I wrote that gent. Haven't heard back.

Thanks again Craig. Much appreciated.

Glenn