Foozerush

Challenger

Foozerush

Seen this add on our favorite place to find our next ones (CL)... and it caught my eye. Wheel Horse Challenger 12 automatic they list this number 1-040-620307. Not familiar with "challenger" named steeds... It has electric PTO. I read RS just about every night and swear I've never seen a challenger before, I must be getting old.....y5ytuve8.jpgypu5a3aq.jpg

Sparky

Hmmm....someone must have had those decals made or there is some product out there with that name and they slapped on those decals. The Wheel Horse decals on the hood are not from the Charger tractors either. They almost look like the decals on the all plastic Lawn Rangers.

Mike...........

Sparky

I think they dropped the last # off the model # they gave.

1-0400 1971 Lawn & Garden Tractor Charger 12 Automatic Kohler K301S-47407C

OR

1-0401 1972 Lawn & Garden Tractor Charger 12 Automatic Kohler K301S-47421B

Mike.........

Foozerush

Thanks for shedding some light on it Mike. :) Looks solid from the pics. Glad to know my mental encyclopedia of WH knowledge wasn't missing a chapter on those models.... Haha... Been into them for about 4 yrs now, I getting pretty confident on identifying them, but this one threw me for a loop....

rmaynard

Looks pretty cut up and modified. My guess is that it was once a Charger 12. The way it's been butchered, I would say that it would definately be a "challenge".

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Hence the name.  :teasing-poke: 

Challenger to make it right. 

• Like 1

Coadster32

My first thought was maybe be a mopar fan...but charger to challenger...what would be the point? I'm with Bob on this one...(and laughing with Craig as well).