Ed Kennell

Two more followed me home today

Ed Kennell

More bad news from the C-125.  I thought It had an Eaton 1100...after checking ID #  01-12KS01  6156, I see the "S" means  it has a Sundstrand 90-1137.

Anyone have any opinions on this hydro ?

Wishin4a416

What kind of boat that bow pulpit belong to Ed?

Ed Kennell

That is  a model 2002 Trophy WAC w/150 HP Merc.  I bought it new in 2001 at Shy Beaver Marine at Raystown Lake, and actually sold it on York,Pa Craigslist a few weeks ago to a guy in Michigan.  He is scheduled to pick it up this week.  The new owner  Has  never seen the boat.

My wife and I cruised , fished and camped in it  for several years on Raystown lake and the Delaware Bay.  Now with two sons and four grandsons that like to fish and crab the WAC is just  too crowded, so I am looking for an open center or side console to gain more room.

post-7208-0-43147000-1408409982.jpg

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Beautiful boat Ed. I fish out of a friends just like it only 200 horse. I sold my Crestliner last year. My back just wont take Erie anymore.

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:  the  black hooded 125  is looking better.

It was locked up tight when I got it, so  I  poured some Sea Foam in the plug hole and left it soak for several days. 

Today I was able turn it over and it is now free.  Now I'll  put the starter back on and see if she has fire.

• Like 1

Geno

You go ekennell!  :text-+1:

km3h

Sea Foam wins again.

Ed Kennell

Update on the black hood.  Put the battery and starter back in and pulled the plug and cleaned and set  the gap. Now to check for fire,  If I suspect I will not have any fire, I just hook up my 70 year old HOMO SAPIEN  volt meter and give her a crank. Seems there is always fire when I use this method of testing.

After I finished my rendition of the chicken dance, I put the plug in and with a can of starter fluid in hand, I gave her another crank.  She lit up and ran great if I hand fed the fuel.

:woohoo:  we have another runner.      Now the fuel problem.  Pulled the line into the carb and cranked... no fuel.  Pulled the line into the fuel pump  ... no fuel.  Pulled the line off the tank valve.. no fuel.    Blew the valve open with air and drained the tank.  Now have good fuel to the fuel pump.  Cranked over and no fuel from the pump.  Replaced fuel pump with one that luckily did not sell at the big show.  Good fuel now from the pump.  Hooked up the line to the carb and cranked her ... she fired right up, ran 30 sec and died with fuel pouring out of the carb air intake.

Now what would cause all this excess fuel.    I gotta go for dinner .. I'll check back later to see how many Know what is causing this last problem.  :eusa-think:  

Yep, this Black Hood w/plastic fenders is starting look for an empty stall in the barn.

Edited by ekennell
  • Like 2

Geno

Got a video of that chicken dance?  :laughing-rolling:

Pull the carb bowl, the float may be stuck down, but the needle is definitely not being sealed onto the seat.  It would be a good idea to pull the carb off and give it a good cleaning anyway.  :)

Edited by Geno

Ed Kennell

You got it Geno.   After seeing all the crud that was in the fuel pump, My next step will be to swap out the carb. I have several clean # 26 carters on the shelf. Those I never sell.

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

I must have an severe addiction   :confusion-shrug:   Gotta stop adopting these poor unwanted little horses.

This makes three ....THIS WEEK !   

I hope Mrs. K was napping when I pulled in this morning.   :hide:

attachicon.gifIMG_3311.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3312.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3313.JPG

Oh man... You have it bad!! :banghead:

Ed Kennell

OK ...update on the black hooded 125.   Put on a spare carb off the shelf and it took ~ 10 revs for the new fuel pump to fill the carb and she came alive and coughed for a bit but then wanted to run without any choke.   The 301 is sounding good so  I  engage the tranny and push the stick... pull the stick...nothing.  Oh well I have a good running spare 301.

Then the light comes on...I remember I opened the tranny bypass valve to push her on the trailer.  Got my 5/16 O E wrench and squeezed my big paw in under that plastic fender and worked the valve closed. It is good the plastic bends easily. I gotta remember to pick up a steel flip up fender/seat pan .

Jumped back in the seat and took a quick trip around the ranch in forward and reverse.  I didn't want to work her too hard till I change oil. Then I will tie her to a tree and see if those Ags will dig a hole.

Took the bowl off the carb I just took off this engine and was amazed that it actually ran this way. The float doesn't leak, but it was corroded fast to the center post.

post-7208-0-75571300-1408903842_thumb.jp

Here is another pic of parts off the Commando 8.  Wonder when it saw it's last maintenance?

post-7208-0-37984000-1408903866_thumb.jp

Geno

Looks like you may have something there.  :eusa-clap:

km3h

Glad to hear everything has worked out for you.