Cocky_Rocky

Kohler CV18S fuel delivery issue...or something

Cocky_Rocky

I've had a few issues with my 267H in the past month which necessitated dismantling various areas of the machine. So far I have been able to diagnose and fix the issues but now I'm stumped. The machine will start and run for 2 or 3 minutes but eventually dies. I had a pinched fuel line which I fixed and I thought that was going to be the end of it. But it is still doing it. Fuel is getting from the tank to the pump and on to the carb. But it just won't run. If I dump fuel straight into the carb it will run until the fuel is used up. I have found if I take off the air filter assembly including base and re-install the 2 nuts that affix the carb to the intake it will stay running. As soon as I start installing the air cleaner base, which is the first thing that goes back on during re-assembly, and tightening the 2 nuts that hold the carb and base on the intake, you can hear the engine start to starve for fuel and it eventually shuts off. I should also mention I don't have the choke cable installed as it needs replaced. Not sure if that has anything to do with this issue or not, but by the looks of the convoluted Rube Goldberg looking carb linkages (!) it wouldn't surprise me if it was an issue. Since my lawn is not waiting for me, I am definitely open for suggestions at this point. Thanks!

gwest_ca

Have you looked at the engine service manual?

Garry

Geno

Does the air filter and carb base gasket look good?  Is the base cracked or hitting anything? 

Cocky_Rocky

OK, got this one figured out finally. Yet another pinched fuel line, this time the line from the fuel pump to carb. Whenever I put the air filter base on it was pinching the line between the carb and air filter base. And it's crazy because that was the original factory fuel line routing, and the original line that I replaced was pinched also but fuel got through that with no problems, so go figure :confusion-scratchheadblue: Thanks everybody for your input!