tractorbuds

GT14 - Anything worth salvaging or putting up on eBay?

tractorbuds

Hello there. I have a crusty old GT14, relatively complete, but not running. No attachments. Too much wrong with it (missing enough parts that it would get costly, rubber shot, seat SOLD SEAT, etc). I would like to just part it out and I am wondering what parts would be of any value, possibly put up on eBay? I am near Toronto, Ontario and have listed in the online classifieds but no hits for months. I don't want to bring it in for scrap, but also don't want it hanging around forever either….

Thanks for your help and advice.

post-13627-0-04198300-1406836519_thumb.j

Edited by tractorbuds

Sparky

Not sure what you have into it money-wise but there are plenty of parts that are worth selling. Does the motor turn over with compression? Is the plastic tank intact (no melting holes)? Even if the tires are shot the rims (the rears especially) should have a bit of value to a guy doing a restore. Do you have any history on it? Any idea of the status of the Sundstrand hydro?

Maybe try putting it up for sale as a whole tractor here on Redsquare for a couple weeks before you put the wrenches to her.

Mike...........

• Like 1

tractorbuds

I bought it in a trailer load of stuff. Probably got $200 into it. Motor has compression and rolls over, just no spark. No history other than the PO was in the middle of restoring it and fired up the motor while it was in gear and it drove right out of his garage, right through the door!

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Like Sparly said, try selling it here on Red Square 1st.

There are plenty of parts on it to sell and get your $200 back...and then some!

Oh, where are my manners..... :WRS:

rmaynard

No history other than the PO was in the middle of restoring it and fired up the motor while it was in gear and it drove right out of his garage, right through the door!

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.

• Like 5

km3h

That's why they put safety switches on these things. Funny story. Would have loved to see the guys face when that happened.

• Like 1

can whlvr

I live near Toronto and would be interested,pm me,i havnt seen it kijiji,give me a call

tractorbuds

I posted more pics in the for sale section. Thanks for all your responses and help.

WheelHorse79

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.

That very same thing happened to me last weekend.  i was working on my RJ-58 in the garage, and checked to see if it was still in gear.  The shifter didn't feel like it was in gear, so I pulled the starter rope.  Well, the thing took off and headed straight for the door going into house about 10 feet away!  Thankfully, I was able to bump the shifter into neutral before it ran out of my reach, or my poor little RJ would have crashed into the steps.  You just can't be too careful with these older tractors.  That's also why I never disconnect any safety interlocks on my newer tractors.  They might save your life or property some day!  (or someone else's)

Edited by WheelHorse79

aaubrey96

That very same thing happened to me last weekend.  i was working on my RJ-58 in the garage, and checked to see if it was still in gear.  The shifter didn't feel like it was in gear, so I pulled the starter rope.  Well, the thing took off and headed straight for the door going into house about 10 feet away!  Thankfully, I was able to bump the shifter into neutral before it ran out of my reach, or my poor little RJ would have crashed into the steps.  You just can't be too careful with these older tractors.  That's also why I never disconnect any safety interlocks on my newer tractors.  They might save your life or property some day!  (or someone else's)

Well I havnt had this happen yet but its a good thing because my 414 will go right up steps no problem

tractorbuds

OK, so I haven't had a whole lot of specific response to what's of any real value on this unit, so I've decided I will strip it down to a roller and use it as a backdrop for a sign for my small engine services. I think it will look pretty cool and when I go on holidays I can just tow it off the front lawn!

I guess I will just try to sell individual parts on ebay. What would be the most value able and sought after parts from this machine and do any of the parts fit other wheel horses? Thanks.