jrandyg

Locations? I live in Montgomery, IL

jrandyg

Hi All,

I'm new to this hobby and looking for people in my area to learn from. Can anyone in my area chime in? I'd love to hear from you.

My first and only entry to this hobby/madness is a 1966 - 656. Bought it from criagslist not running. Engine turns and i've even had it "pop" when trying to start it. I now have a manual and plan tearing into the ignition system, cleaning the carb and frankly tinkering with EVERYTHING!!! I've already spent some "garage" time cleaning, dreaming and even pressure washed her. I'm truely surprized how well this old girl cleaned up. Only a little surface rust. Not quite sure how far I'll take this resto/refurbish. It's really silly of me to have a lawn tractor but i couldn't resist. I can mow my yard in 20 minutes with my push mower!!

Thanks,

Randy

Racinbob

:WRS: Come on now. ANY minutes pushing a mower is too many. :):wwp:

zieg72

Awesome, no need for a tractor and you got one anyway.  Must have been that WH bug that alot of use get bit with.

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square :)  There is a Pioneer Steam Power show coming up in Sycamore, Ill. that a bunch of us will be at showing some of our horses.  We are going to be there on Saturday...August 16th.  Come on out and meet some of the guys.  Here is a link to the thread...just click on it.  Good time and good food.  BTW...I'm in Elgin...come on up and take a look.

This should wet your appetite.  :)

2010_08162011SYCAMORE0020.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus

groundhog47

Well, I ain't nowhere close but   :text-welcomewave:  to :rs:, you are in a great location to find The down here elusive red stallions. :handgestures-thumbup:  

CasualObserver

Welcome.  Go ahead and put yourself here on the member map... http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/membermap/  and you can see some of the other members near you.

It always starts with one...... 

AMC RULES

:wwp:

:WRS:

chazm

WELCOME TO :rs:

:text-worthless:

Geno

No one can resist the power of the Wheel Horse!  :)    :text-welcomewave:

jrandyg

I've taken pictures and made the attempt to upload them but the site is telling me the picture files are too big. I'm working on gettng the files smaller.

Thanks for the replies!!

jrandyg

Got the pics figured out!!!

post-13623-0-98516100-1406807652.jpg

post-13623-0-06787500-1406807667.jpg

post-13623-0-92903900-1406807691.jpg

post-13623-0-20811800-1406807706_thumb.j

• Like 2

jrandyg

It's amazing what i've been able to do with just some Simple Green a pressure washer and elbow grease! These are my before pictures. I'm trying to document the entire process.

C-101plowerpower

It's amazing what i've been able to do with just some Simple Green a pressure washer and elbow grease! These are my before pictures. I'm trying to document the entire process.

those are before pics? damn that is one fine looking horse! :handgestures-thumbupright: 

oh and welcome to  :rs: ofcourse

Koen :flags-netherlands: 

km3h

Welcome to the forum. That is a very nice looking tractor. You are really going to enjoy using it but the best part is working on it. Once you get it up and running good, it is time to get another one.