Pullstart

mechanical fuel pump from a Kohler Magnum 16 horse

Pullstart

I have the old 16 horse vertical shaft engine out of my kid's tractor and the pump seems to look like it'll fit my K series just fine.  I'm having an issue with the 502 starving of fuel since my tank bung is about level with the carb fuel inlet.  Am I on to something that this pump should work alright?

edit - I decided to head back out for a bit.  the updraft carb came off and the pump was bolted in place.  the fuel line out of the pump interfered with the governor arm so I took my spare and bent it to give clearance for the fuel line and keep the relationship of the cross shaft and the throttle linkage true.  it took quite a bit to prime the pump, filter and new hose section but it's running now and I can tell the difference almost instantly!

Thanks Kohler for leaving alone the little things that work for so many years!

Edited by pullstart

JustinW.73

Glad to hear its running. Of course nothing runs like a deere being chased by a wheel horse!

Pullstart

I tell you what...  this thing could chase some real deers in 3rd!  but with my acre and a half I really enjoy dropping her in low and chuggin' along to mow!  If I had a sickle bar for this I could probably bale my yard right now so the neighbors are probably glad to hear it running too.