Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

First Drive

KyBlue

One of my moms friends came over the other day (she's about my age actually) and brought her Youngin. bein the Good guy that I am, I rember what a thrill it was like for me when I got taken for rides, or even just got to sit on tractors (thou they often were Wh's thou), so I thought that I would pass that on..

I went around back to get the B80..he followed me, jumped on the seat - and said 'Drive!!' and being soft hearted... I put it in low and let him. He wouldnt reach the pedals, or wasnt even strong enough to turn the wheel..but I bet that he'll remember getting to drive the tractor!!

His momma Snapped a couple shots with her phone..

06cf2f49.jpg

c7957d3a.jpg

Excuse the fat guy in the photos!

Jman6

4star, that is Awesome!!! Be something the little guy will remember for a long time....well until he finds out about girls that is. :banghead:

Jman

KyBlue

Jman - I found out about girls a long time ago, still prefer WH stuff... LMAO Cheaper!!

kj4kicks

You're a kind man Scott ! Bet you made that kid's day!

:banghead:

Sparky

Well you know what happens now Scott. Everytime he comes over he's gonna want some seat time :banghead: .

I'm thinkin your gonna need another tractor so you can both ride at the same time. His legs will be reachin the pedals soon enough, but if you cant wait you'll have to make pedal extentions like I did for both my kids.

Mike...........

KyBlue

Yep Im sure he'll want seat time - thats okay too.

And the 2nd tractor..Well Ive got emails out for one of those...Craigslist Ad ... see if he takes my offer.. If not theres another one listed for 250.

traktorkidd7/30/93

The C-125 I just got had pedal extensions that were on it from the original owner that was an older guy and his wife that used it. And the person that I got it from was the second owner.

I think a Lawn Ranger would be the perfect size for him(I think I know someone that has one) :banghead:

TT

I think a Lawn Ranger would be the perfect size for him(I think I know someone that has one) :banghead:

As a last-ditch effort at clarification, the horizontal shaft '62 to '68 Lawn Rangers are not any smaller than a front-engined round hood or the short frame square hood tractors from the 60's and 70's. The distance from the seat to the footrests and pedal(s) is the same. Just because they have smaller tires and wheels does not make the actual tractor smaller.

kpinnc

Very cool of you Scott. He'll remember that for sure!

I'm thinkin your gonna need another tractor so you can both ride at the same time.

I'd be careful on that one. :banghead: I tried it just a couple days ago. Me on the 310, and my daughter on the 514. We made a few laps together around the yard, and then she got a little distracted. I yelled for her to ''Turn!", and she did exactly as I asked- just the wrong way! She smashed right through the last row of what's left of our garden. The last okra and tomatoes are now history... :omg:

Still trying to figure out why my wife was mad at me. It wasn't like I ran through the garden! :USA:

It's hard to get off of one tractor, and run down another. Even when you're 6 feet away!

Kevin

Buzz

For safety sake I'd find one with running boards. When Michele was 5 she was driving the Lawn Ranger when her :imstupid: ex-step-brother jumped out of the bushes in front of her. She panicked and put her feet down to stop it. :USA: Rear wheel ran up and over her ankle on the same leg she had broken six months before. :banghead: Luckily it was only scraped but it scared her from riding it for about a year.

bowtieguy

I hope to make "tractor operators" out of my TRIPLET grandsons...who just turned ONE year old.....I have 3 Lawn Rangers about ready to go when they are ready for some seat time...

This ought to be interesting considering their mother (my daughter) is rather protective of the little guys....she has always held up for me ....now we will get to see who she holds up for when they want to "drive a tractor".....her boys or their gandpa???....maybe I ought to consider advanced health insurance for myself~ :banghead:

Running boards sounds like a good idea, Buzz

nsmith

My 2 year old will mow the entire lawn with me sitting on my lap. He has even fallen asleep while we were mowing. I give him a socket driver and he helps me work on anything in the garage.

linen beige

Now look what you started Scott! Better keep the gas cans full!

Buzz, By Ex-step brother do you mean she didn't get the 'Horse stopped in time? :banghead:

Buzz

Buzz, By Ex-step brother do you mean she didn't get the 'Horse stopped in time? :lol:

:banghead::USA::omg::thumbs::lol: No.......she missed him, but not by much.