Deadsy

1990 312-8 elec. fuel pump???

Deadsy

My first post after lurking for probably a couple of months.

I'm working on a WH that's sat in a garage for the last 3 to 4 yrs.

I had it running last sat. after pulling the fuel pump, pushed the air out of the lines and it fired right up. I let it idle, drove it around the yard, then let it sit while running at idle. It stopped after a minute or 2 then wouldn't start again. So I pull the pump again and  it had a broken ??? arm...  The dozen or more places I've tried to find the pump (KH 10319), all say discontinued. I did find 1 local parts distributor (I'm in South Bend IN. home of WH) the man said $250.00 for the pump. Seems extremely high to me.

I see some people using this Napa #610-1051 elec., I'm wondering if this will push to much fuel to this 12 hp kohler.

squonk

The electric will work fine. Or you can get one of the plastic Kohler pumps that work well too for around $50.00. That number you gave changes to a 47-599-08 then it changes again to a 47-559-04. no wonder parts guys go mad!  :) See if the arm on this pump looks right.

http://www.mowersoutlet.com/Fuel-Pumps-for-Kohler-47-559-04S-47-559-11S-4755904S-4755911S_p_4708.html

KC9KAS

:WRS:

If you have been "lurking", you know :wwp:

wheel-mule

I have the plastic replacements.$55 plus shipping.$144 list price .I can ship or I will be at the Jones MI.swap meet Aug1-3.or LaGrange IN. The next weekend.

• Like 1

Deadsy

Followed the link, pump seems to have considerable more curve.

I'll probably go with the plastic replacement. I like the swapmeet option.

Thanks for the info.