kudzu3

Safety Switch Location (?)

kudzu3

I'm slowly making progress on the wiring of my '74 B 80. I have two safety switches, as the diagram shows, and have installed one on the frame at the clutch but just can't figure out where the other goes. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

SousaKerry

The other goes under the seat.  Most people disable this switch or get rid of it entirely.  Only one of the tractors I have owned had the original switch in place but even it was bypassed.

kudzu3

I've looked and can't figure it out, it's not the button type, but the ball type, same as is on the clutch. I don't believe the B 80 had a seat switch (?). I took them off when I started the project, just wish my memory would go back that far :scratchead: .

Geno

I have a B80 in the shop.  I can look at it in the morning and see what it has.  Is it possibly the clutch safety switch?  :)

kudzu3

Thanks Geno. No, I have ended up with two switches, the clutch switch and the mystery switch, they are identical. I have replaced the one on the frame activated by the clutch pedal, but can't remember where the other goes. My wiring diagram shows two switches, but doesn't tell me where they go. It's not really that important, I'm not wiring them but just would like to put it back as original. Thanks for your help.

Geno

Some of the old ones used the same switch type for the clutch and the PTO.  The PTO ball was near the PTO handle.  I will still take a look at what's in the shop in the morning. :)

Racinbob

No seat switch on that one. Check right where the PTO lever pivots.

gwest_ca

The pto switch is shown on page 10 of this manual

Garry

Geno

Here are some pics of the same tractor as yours.  It is the PTO safety switch.

Engaged_zps2f57efca.jpg

Disengaged_zpscf5b341c.jpg
Edited by Geno

kudzu3

Thanks folks...I really should've figured that one out on my own. On the subject of electrical, I would appreciate a pic of the under the hood wiring on the b 80. Thanks again everybody.

tom h.hill

ya i was working on my 80 last night.the only safty switch i have come across is the clutch pedal.if i could figure out how to get my pics i send the under hood shots.i trying to figure that out now