Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Front axle weight

Brrly1

Hello to everyone, I hope all is well. Quite a few of you know that I happened to come across a front axle weight. Well I have just gotten word how much the pattern is going to cost. My question for you is there "any" interest in these. They will Not be done in aluminum, strictly cast. I do not know the price as I haven't call the foundry. Please let me know if any interest. Post away!

post-45-0-08567600-1405649730_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-38314000-1405649751_thumb.jpg

formariz

Hi John

I am definitely interested in one. I am now up to 3 RJ's two of which have the hood weight which is not fun to mount and once mounted it is pretty much permanent. It would be cool to have one that could be removed in a minute.

Brrly1

Hello Cas, hope things are good. The weight weighs in at 60lbs and hangs on the front end.Two L shaped hangers thread into the weight then it sits in place, easy on,easy off. A slick setup for all of the rjs. 1955-1959

stevebo

John,

I would be interested in at least one if not more depending on the cost. Let me know and thanks for making this happen. 

formariz

Just my opinion, but it would be great if when making the pattern you could put "Wheel Horse" on the front like the Tombstone weight. With out it it kind of looks like something just adapted to the tractor rather than an original acessory,

• Like 1

stevebo

John, 

If you decide not to move forward with this project and want to sell the original please let me know. 

Brrly1

Cas, Stevebo I was thinking actually about having Pond possibly spelled out in the mold going across the front? What do you think of that idea? I wonder if we need to check with Michael Martino to see if the Pond family would be upset or even if I have to worry about that? Beings the 55'-57' had Pond on gearcase. Is the only reason I was thinking that? I really think that these would sell , not knowing a price doesn't help but can't really say one way or the other

Edited by Brrly1

formariz

Pond would actually be cool. Asking for permission on that would be the right thing to do.

As for selling the original if you ever want to sell it and Stevebo does not take it keep me second on the list.