rmaynard

Got my new NAME TAGS in the mail today!

rmaynard

Back in 2010, I went to the WHCC show and saw that lots of guys had name tags. So I found a vendor that was making name tags, badges and tractor plaques, and I had a nice name tag made. Well sometime between January of this year and the WHCC show I lost it. Hoping that the name tag guy would be there, I went to the show with high hopes of buying a new one. No name tag guy :crying-yellow: So after a little inquiring, I found that there had been a slight dust-up between the WHCC staff and the vendor, and subsequently he never returned. So my quest to find him ended last week when I did locate him. I think that they are under new management now, and there is a possibilty that they will be at the next show. But in the meantime, I invited him to join RedSquare, and if there is enough interest, he would like to become a vendor. Here is what I got from him.

post-2221-0-95160700-1405382799_thumb.jp

These are plastic, measure 2-1/8" x 3-1/2", have a pin back. What do you think?

If you are interested in seeing his complete catalog, here is the link to his web site.

http://thebadgefactory.com/

• Like 7

857 horse

i like this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good idea

WH nut

Nice

Wishin4a416

I like them Bob. A nice addition to the show tractors!

squonk

I was disappointed last year when they wern't there. I needed a plaque for Marvin. Then they wern't at my local steam show. I had to go looking. Google is our friend! I've had them make 4 badges since then.

Fun Engineer

Thanks for the resource Bob.

Sent from my tractor seat.

AMC RULES

Whaaaaaaaat Bob...   :confusion-shrug:

you mean, the new crash helmet isn't working for you? 

• Like 2

jdleach

Thanks for bringing this up Bob. I like the tags. May drop the guy a line, and see about having a tag made.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Bob, glad you brought this up. Good idea with the name tags.

Glenn

Racinbob

Looks great Bob. Is the logo considered one of his 'stock' logos?

rmaynard

Yes, the logo is stock.

Kegler

Am I correct in assuming that the use of the Wheel Horse logo would require licencing from Toro? I know some companys are very strict on this, others not so much. I also do engraving at local craft fairs and might consider doing these tags and placks at local shows. Just wondered about the legal aspects.

Racinbob

Good question Kegler. I've wondered that myself. I suspect that, at this point, the logo is there to use because it's done so much. I'll be interested to learns the facts.

Brrly1

If there's a copyright to this and they actually wanted to, they could fry a lot of people! Literally said. If they were going to I think it would have already been done with so much that has been reproduced. Not just the logo

Racinbob

That's pretty much what I was thinking John. It might be different if Toro was marketing 'official' Wheel Horse promotional items but they aren't so it's not in competition with them.