GeorgieB82

UK Parts Suppliers

GeorgieB82

Hi,

Does anyone know of a reliable supplier of parts for my 90's 416-8 in the UK?

Thanks

George

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hi George. I own a 1988 416-8. Some dealers have some basic bare bone parts. I use ebay and the web for searching. That's been the best for me. Others will chime in. Best of luck.

Glenn

jdleach

Howdy the George. Being I am in Indiana, wouldn't have a clue about UK parts suppliers. That said, I think I know who might. Do a member search, or just poke around the website, and look up Neil, a very fine fellow, and one of our moderators here. Other very knowledgeable folks from the UK are meadowfield, and Stigian. All three know their stuff when it comes to Horse, all three are in the UK, and all three are more than willing to help you get the parts you need, at the best price, and highest quality.

Neil was online earlier today, and may see your post and respond. The other guys spend a lot of time in the Euro Horse section. If nothing else, send them a PM.

• Like 1

neil

Hiya George

Get in touch & we will see what we can do to help .

There are some UK dudes that could help you out.

Thanx JDleach for the kind words

GeorgieB82

Thank you Neil,

My main reason for posting was because my brake band is nearly bald. Should I look to get new material or a new band?

My 416-8 is the workhorse of our smallholding and I'd love to keep it in tip-top condition.

I'm sure there will be other parts in the future and I'm relieved to know the Wheel Horses have followers within these shores.

meadowfield

Hey George,

The bands can be relined, there's a likelihood someone in the euro section will have spare. I lost two of mine in a fire last year. Stigian might have one though....

KC9KAS

Is it just expensive to ship from USA to UK, or is there added tax, or why is it difficult?

I know FEDEX and USP deliver all over the world, so I know some one can deliver here to there....That being said, can you folks in UK purchase from our businesses like Grainger and McMaster Carr?

boovuc

It is expensive to ship to the UK and abroad. Everything must go by air and if you haven't seen the price of air travel tickets lately, lets just say that it is also expensive to put an inanimate object on a plane and fly it somewhere.

Unless you have a business discount with ooops or FedEx, it is very salty.