gabe911

First maintenence done! Thank you All!

gabe911

:thanks: I first want to thank all the admins, supporters, members, and all of you guys that go on here and take time out of your day and answer questions and try to help out where needed!  :orcs-cheers: Without this forum and its vast knowledge of info I wouldn't even had tried doing all the stuff I had already done to my Wheel Horse.

So far I have adjusted the carb, (it runs so much leaner now!), oil/filter change, took off 60" deck and scraped off the sludge and decayed grass.  Changed the blades, replace spark plugs, greased all fittings, and installed Matts foot control.  It works great!  I thought not bad for a guy who didn't even know how to take off the park lever at first! :tools-hammerdrill:

here are some pics:

Can you guys do me a favor and look over how I put the drive belt back on? I knew I should have taken a pic before I took it off, but something just doesn't sound right after I put it back on.  Maybe its just me though.  Thanks again for everyone's support!

post-13147-0-27592400-1405186215_thumb.j

post-13147-0-93206400-1405186225_thumb.j

post-13147-0-85314200-1405186231_thumb.j

post-13147-0-68337600-1405186235_thumb.j

post-13147-0-38473800-1405186241_thumb.j

post-13147-0-85654800-1405186244_thumb.j

post-13147-0-35534800-1405186248_thumb.j

• Like 3

zieg72

Belt shouldn't have that twist to it

• Like 2

zieg72

Like this but use the inner grove closest to engine

post-96-0-19348800-1405186690_thumb.jpg

zieg72

Slowly rotate the PTO counter clock wise and move the outer belt where the flat side is going around the flat pulley and I thing that is all you need to do

gabe911

Slowly rotate the PTO counter clock wise and move the outer belt where the flat side is going around the flat pulley and I thing that is all you need to do

Ok thanks, Ill go do it now, well thank GOD nothing happened, I just finished mowing 3 acres!

gabe911

I think I got it, with your help Zieg, thanks

post-13147-0-68209000-1405189721_thumb.j

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Deck cleaned up nicely.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

jdleach

Yep, you got it right now. The PTO groove closest to the engine is for the mower deck. The outer groove will run things like snow blowers and tillers.

Your deck looks very good now. There are several threads on the forum where members have done various things to the underside of their decks to preserve them as mush as possible. Some have used different coatings to prevent corrosion, etc. Perhaps the easiest coating, and certainly the cheapest, is to thoroughly clean the underside every month or so, and slather it down good with used motor oil. Do the same thing at the end of the season when you put the deck up for winter. Won't completely stop deterioration, but will slow it down greatly.

And thank you for acknowledging what so many members here do for the rest of us. Too often, some people will "pick the brains", and not even say thanks.

• Like 4

boovuc

That deck looks great! 

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

What JDLEACH said;

"And thank you for acknowledging what so many members here do for the rest of us. Too often, some people will "pick the brains", and not even say thanks."

Its very comforting to hear someone say "Thank You" for giving of your time and knowdledge. Welcome to Red Square as a Supporting Member. I'm looking forward to seeing what will be your next Wheel Horse.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Really nice job on the deck. Keep up the good work.

Glenn