jwiss1995

Rear clevis hitch

jwiss1995

I found a clevis hitch on ebay for 250. It come with everything, it's brand new nos. it says it's made for 300, 400 and 520 series tractors. I was wondering if it would work on my 1077? Thanks in advance!

Also, is this a fair price?

Racinbob

I just looked at it. The hitch will work but the cable set up on the 1077 is different but wouldn't be a problem to take care of. Price? :scared-eek: You can do a lot better than that.

• Like 1

jwiss1995

Good to know, I'll keep looking. What's different about the cable set up and what would I have to do to make one like that work?

Racinbob

Your 1077 has a cable running directly from the lift bar to the hitch. No rock shaft. If you have a slot hitch on it now you would be able to utilize the existing cable. If not, you could get a cable or make one.

rexman72

i made a rear lift cable which was pretty simple as I got the measurements from dennist and then  cut to length

• Like 1

jwiss1995

I think I'm just going to go with a sleeve hitch instead. I'll just get a different plow for it.

Butch

$250 NOS complete I think is a good price. They're rare but the best thing is all the parts are there.

Edited by Butch

Don1977

I'm not going to say it won't work, but I don't think it will. The fender support on a 300, 400 series is 5 5/8"  wide inside the c-clips go on the inside. My C-120 the fender support is 7 1/2" inside and the c-clips go on the out side. Don't know how wide the fender support is on the 1077 but i think it's wider then the 300 or 400 series. What I'm saying is the rocker arm will probable be to short.

Edited by Don1977

Racinbob

Don that model doesn't use a rock shaft. The cable goes directly from the lift arm to the hitch.

jwiss1995

Any of you guys have a slot hitch for sale?

jwiss1995

Just messaged Kelly, thanks for the tip!

Ed Kennell

I think I'm just going to go with a sleeve hitch instead. I'll just get a different plow for it.

Not very difficult to make a slot/sleeve to clevis adapter if you have a grinder and welder.  Or know someone who does.

Tankman

Sleeve hitch adaptor, very nice!