Aldon

My MF12 & MF610

Aldon

Well, last year I picked up two machines at the same time. My C161 with 42 inch rear discharge and the MF 12 with 42 inch side deck.

Apparently the owner from Vermont bought it and died that same year. 20 plus years the widow left it sit in the barn. So only a bit of surface rust. It did not have a PTO so he must have bought it to pull a garden cary or something. The fellow who i bought it from used it seasonally to pull a maple sugar cart....but it was a redundant luxury so he sold it...I assume he was just helping the old gal out by dealing with the liquidation.

When my C-161 went through a a couple weeks of down time due to Gas Leak, Starter replacent and multiple day event in pulling/replacing flywheel, replacement of gas tank, I decided to get the Massey set p for mowing.

The deck was in rough shape. Wish I had taken a couple more photos.

I did not due bondo or anything fancy, just knocked the rust off with wire bruch and used Rust Kutter to cease the rusting and then primed and painted everything.

I finally sourced all the bearing, pulleys and parts necessary and will have the deck ready for install later this week.

Still waiting on arrival of one pulley.

In the mean time, now I have the C161 back to health and while it was down I pulled the deck and need to sharpenn the blades.

I may be listing this Massey once I have both units back to full health.

It surprised me that the Engine Sticker is still almost like new on the old Techy. Pics are in my Non Wheel Horse Album in Gallery.

Sparky

That MF-12 is in great shape! I had a real nice MF-10 a few years ago, I regret selling it now :eusa-doh:  .

Mike........

Aldon

The last pulley arrived this afternoon for the MF610 deck.

Should get it reassembled this week.

I also finally wrestled the blades off my C161 and got them sharpened and balanced.

So Saturday should be mowing extravaganza at the ol homestead:)

Nice having a long weekend. I actually got some things done :handgestures-thumbupright:

Aldon

IT LIVES! or rather is operational. Finished deck rebuild and managed to get it installed. Tough finding information on these in comparison to Wheel Horse or JD etc.