rustykan

What is an original C120 seat worth?

rustykan

Can someone give me a ballpark range for what an original Wheel Horse seat for a C-120 would be worth? The one I am looking at is in very good to excellent condition. It would probably only need the metal repainted. There appear to be no rips, tears or worn spots.

• Like 1

rmaynard

There were several seats available for that model. Which one are you referring to, low back, high back, or 3-piece?

rustykan

There were several seats available for that model. Which one are you referring to, low back, high back, or 3-piece?

I believe it would be the three piece. It has separate cushions for the back and seat area, mounted to a metal frame.

Hodge71

Well I can say I saw quite a few at the big show this year.....and 90% of them were still there Saturday at 4 because they were asking $150 to $250

rustykan

This would be the type of seat I am looking at. Would this be correct for a 1976 model C-120?

post-12646-0-38409000-1404766666_thumb.j

Hodge71

Yes it would be. It was an option, I believe with the lowback as standard

Sparky

Unless your doing a "correct" restore on the C-120 I would look for a different seat. I've had a couple of those and they are not a comfy seat.

I sold mine in good shape for around $90 maybe 4 years ago.

Mike...........

AMC RULES

In good condition, one hundred bucks is a fair price. 

Racinbob

Jeff, I could be wrong but I don't think that was offered in 1976. It was a couple years earlier. I bought a 76 new and the low back was standard on the B's and a high back on the C's but both were one piece. I ended up with that three piece style on mine but it came off a 71 Raider. I also had the springs under it but originally it was bolted directly to the fender pan on the Raider. Dunno :dunno: another :wh:  anomaly?

squonk

I sold 2 of those seats for $125-150 last year with out batting an eye. If someone wants to do an original restore that's what they are worth. I agree there are more comfortable aftermarket seats out there If your planning any seat time.

Marv

The one piece seat was standard on the 76 C120.

Marvin

Hodge71

Yes it would be. It was an option, I believe with the lowback as standard

As I said...the lowback was standard....Im almost positive the 3 piece was a dealer installed option. Just like the manual PTO was standard but dealers installed the electric clutch as an option...if they had one and it fit..they could put it on for you 

Edited by hodge71

rustykan

Thanks for all the info guys! Ends up he had just sold it before I called. He only wanted  $75 and it was in great shape. Day late and a dollar short as usual! I did want to pass along that he "was" a Wheel Horse guy, but sold all his horses and is getting into "John Deere" tractors now!