shallowwatersailor

Thoughts and Opinions on a 52" 5xi Mower Deck?

shallowwatersailor

I am considering getting another 5xi and it has a 52" mower deck included. I only have experience with the 48" deck. I would be interested in owners' opinions.

John

Rick_in_CT

Hi John,

I have 48 and 60 inch decks on my 5xi's and both cut fine.  Sorry no experience with the 52".

Rick

doc724

Wow, 3 xi's!  How do you find time to give them all some exercise?  52 inch deck?  Just remember the bigger the deck, the more it weighs.  I have enough trouble flipping my 48 on its back so I can give it a good scraping once or twice a season. 

shallowwatersailor

Wow, 3 xi's!  How do you find time to give them all some exercise?  52 inch deck?  Just remember the bigger the deck, the more it weighs.  I have enough trouble flipping my 48 on its back so I can give it a good scraping once or twice a season. 

It looks like the 52" deck weighs about 25 pounds more. I agree, with the weight of the 48" deck plus I have that setup for my Cyclone Rake. The extra width and different discharge may cause a problem with the pickup arrangement. The extra four inches doesn't really matter to me for mowing.

Challenger

On our fleet of 5xi machines, we own and have used every model deck from 42" to 60".

By far our favorite model is the 48".  Good cut, not inclined to scalp, works well around landscaping and fits well on our trailers and inside our storage sheds.

Nevertheless, the 52" is a solid deck.

Edited by Challenger