Eric C

New member from Finksburg, MD

Eric C

Hello everyone. My name is Eric. My family and I attended the "Big Show" on Saturday 6/24/2014. We all Had a great time. I had known about the show since I caught the "tractor bug" about four years ago, but was always unable to attend until this year.

I have always been a fan of anything mechanical that is "old iron". What ever it may be, it usually stands the test of time, unless Mother Nature takes over and returns the metal to its original state (rust). There is just something about the simplicity and ruggedness of old tractors that attracts my interest in this hobby or "disease" as some refer to it.

One of the horses at the show followed me home so I figured the next logical step is to join the forum. The new to me horse is an '88 520h with 599 hours on the clock. This model has been one of my favorites even before I caught the "tractor bug". That big 'ole Onan flywheel that fills the left side of the tractor just emanates power and smoothness. I bought it from a really nice fellow named Randy. Randy was also selling his nicely crafted class 3 hitches, A very handy and versatile accessory. He was located across from the food concession building.

As for my new to me 520, I can't wait until I actually get to put it through its paces. But first every thing will be gone through with a fine tooth come. So far so good. It was really dirty but seems to have been maintained well. All the bells and whistles work flawlessly. I'm a bit slow at getting this done because of an injury to my right foot. (A crushed heel that now has quite a few new shiny titanium screws) At least I can ride it; my left (brake) foot still works. You can see my family and I on the Video of Saturdays parade at the 58 minute mark. That's me In the wheelchair.

I'll post pictures of the 520 and progress shots of the refresh as soon as I can reduce the size to something suitable for upload.

So long for now.

Eric

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

rmaynard

:WRS:  Glad to have you aboard Eric. It's nice to have another member here in Carroll County.

Jake Kuhn

shallowwatersailor

:text-welcomewave:    to :rs: , Eric . Nice to have someone new from Maryland - and with a 520!

Sparky

Mike.........

953 nut

:text-welcomeconfetti:   Glad you found your first :wh:   :wwp:    :WRS:

rexman72

welcome to the group

Amanda

Welcome to Red Square