Theroundhousernr

A Few Seasons Ahead but Couldnt Resist

Theroundhousernr

Thanks for the nice comments. I will relay them to her. I will also snap a few photos once the cab is all together. Have to finish up a bracket or two. I sure am glad I stumbled across this cab at the show. It came together real nice. Now I have this vision of a miniature cab for a surburban and snowblower..... hmmm.

Anyone have a surburban with a snowblower mounter and used it ?

kyle

Ed Kennell

Lookin good Kyle.  Sure is nice to have a talented seamstress in the family.  You both did a great job.

My wife has altered my cab to fit around the housing I made around my vented belt guard, and she has done the sewing of several cushions for the two piece seats. 

What blower are you going to use ?

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Well here she is all mounted up to the 416H. The blower I'm using will be the short chute I rebuilt last year. That's still tucked away in the shed. Now all that's left is to pimp it out and add a few luxuries.[emoji106] [emoji12]

a6da11025333a6119181f72d94ae9aef.jpg

That new door blends in just fine. :banana-tux: 

Thanks again for the compliments. Kyle

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 3

Geno

Looks truly awesome Kyle!  Make sure to put up pics of the pimping!   :text-+1:  :text-+1:

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Hard to believe this was the 416H that I bought with a " worn out , smoking motor" and the cab that was laying in the dirt on a big pile at the big wheel horse show that was missing a door and a few frame pieces.

Now the cab looks darn near like new and the 416 is purring like a kitten. And the 416 didn't clean up to bad either. I just need to get a set of tires for the front end.

Funny story , the Girlfriend wanted to sit in the cab tonight when she got home. So she climbs in, turns the lights on and is playing around when my friend knocks on the garage door and piers in. I open the door and this first thing out of his mouth is ," well I guess the saying goes , a family who plays together, stays together lol.... :laughing-rofl:  Her face was priceless.

If any of you have any cool ideas that you think might be neat added to a cab. Either interior or exterior that have not been done. Let me know. I want to add some LED flood lights to the roof and I have some neat honey comb lights I am thinking of adding to the rear. All been done before though. I am looking for something different.

Thanks Kyle

Geno

As long as mom is in the sewing mood she can make a flap that goes a little over the engine to blow some heat into the cab.  I remember those on the old Farmalls dad had growing up.   It's something I was gonna do before Winter on mine, I hate the cold.   :)

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

As long as mom is in the sewing mood she can make a flap that goes a little over the engine to blow some heat into the cab.  I remember those on the old Farmalls dad had growing up.   It's something I was gonna do before Winter on mine, I hate the cold.   :)

Those were the old heat-housers on the IH's and if you were lucky they would prevent frost bite on your toes but didn't do much from the waist up.

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

A friend of mine has a Farmall M with the canvas engine covers that come back to a cab like enclosure. There is no roof or back but he says it does help break the wind and keep him a little warmer. He uses it to plow his driveway. So i have seen what you are talking about. I suppose I could add something but I have an extra belt guard laying  around  that I might louver or drill some holes in for some cab heat.

Good idea, those heat-housers as bailey calls them where pretty neat and probably considered pretty lucky to have one back when......

Kyle

• Like 1

dcrage

Heh Kyle check out Horsefixer's custom cab build for his 520 from a couple years ago. Duke put all kinds of "bells and whistles" on his cab plus some heat ducting. Plenty of ideas for you there.

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

A friend of mine has a Farmall M with the canvas engine covers that come back to a cab like enclosure. There is no roof or back but he says it does help break the wind and keep him a little warmer. He uses it to plow his driveway. So i have seen what you are talking about. I suppose I could add something but I have an extra belt guard laying  around  that I might louver or drill some holes in for some cab heat.

Good idea, those heat-housers as bailey calls them where pretty neat and probably considered pretty lucky to have one back when......

Kyle

They beat the heck out of nothing but left a lot to be desired. The last time I used one was close to 50 years ago on a Farmall H clearing snow. We had a JD 4020 with a cab but back then the gassers started in cold weather and the diesels didn't.