fran11784

Kohler K301 12hp HELP

fran11784

Hey friends, here's my issue. 1986 312A. 475hrs. I am original owner and have never had one day of trouble till now. Seem to all start after I replaced the leaking fuel line and tank grommet. Starts up fine and will run trouble free for about 10 minutes. Then seems to starve for fuel, (at least what I think) then wants to stall. I can keep it running if I play with the choke, barley. Sounds like fuel right?? bought a brand new fuel pump and carburetor and now still, the same exact thing. Went back and check the fuel line, no kinks or anything. Could it be something electrical? doesn't seem likely to me. Any ideas will help at this point.

Tony

rmaynard

You may have a clogged vent in your gas cap. When it does it again, loosen the cap and see if that corrects the problem.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

daveoman1966

When you replaced the fuel tank bushing, did you forget to turn the fuel shut-off valve back to the ON position? ? ?

Don't ask how I found out about this..... just don't ask.

fran11784

Actually I did try the gas cap. Even blew into the tank but same thing. Seems to be a hot problem. I just went out there and she started right up.Think I will run a short hose into a gas can and see what happens.

Tony

Desko

What about the fuel filter being clogged starving it.if its not fuel and electrical try the coil as it might be bad an when it heats up it separate's

can whlvr

I would check the screen in the gas tank,maybe you got something in the valve too,take off the line and look in,and then turn on the fuel,it should pour out fast,not dribbleout

skrusins

I think the gas that we are using (Methane) and this hot whether is causeing vapor lock conditions. I am going to

try an electric fuel pump. It seems when the days are cooler or even in the winter(snow blowing) don't have these

issues. Just my opinion.

fran11784

can whlvr, Cant believe it but that was it. It ran fine when I sucked fuel from a can so I drained the gas and took the valve out. Fuel line was clear but the valve was full of crap. She don't owe me much after 28 years trouble free so I guess she deserves a new carb and fuel pump... LOL Thanks for the help!