Sign in to follow this  
papaglide

95-4090 retro kit

papaglide

I was looking thru the toro parts viewer regarding my 522 and came across this in the attachment part:

45-4090 48" blade retro kit.

Anyone here have any idea exactly what this is? Is this parts that would convert an old 48" blade into one that would fit an xi?

BTW, don't even look at the price!!!

shallowwatersailor

I might be wrong but I believe that this is the brace that goes to the front Attach-A-Matic on the 5xi. Later blades had it welded at the factory but earlier manufactured blades needed to have it bolted on. Without it there is quite a bit of wiggle. The drawing that comes up on the parts viewer does not show it.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Kit number is 95-4090

Garry

papaglide

John, that makes sense, but the price was $520ish!? Makes me wonder what else came with that part? Wishful thinking on my part. Thanks.

shallowwatersailor

Mike,

I can't figure out the Toro parts list that Garry posted (thanks, Garry) because it just shows the "parts" for the plow.  I just found the Blade Stabilizer Kit sheet in my file for the 518xi. I knew I had it somewhere! I am so organized I can't find anything!!! :ROTF:  It is: Part No. 100-3367. So that means my initial thought is wrong. The 5xi plow additionally has a 90 degree tube for the handle and cable to run in. It replaces the bolt used on the older plows. That isn't part of the kit so I have no idea what retro kit is.

John

papaglide

I wonder if an email to Toro would help? It would be great to be able to get a plow for my xi.