The Walri

Replacing crankcase gasket and oil seal

The Walri

Just ordered the above parts for the 11 hp brigs on my 82 B -115 and just wanted to know of there are any tricks or things to look out for in the process. Saw a video online and it looks pretty straightforward but the motor was already removed. I'm assuming I'll need to remove the pto and drive pulley? Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

slammer302

I've not messed much with the 11hp Briggs but I do have a B-111 out back with a 11hp on it if you get apart and can't remember how something goes back on I can post some pictures for you... Good luck

The Walri

Thanks for the offer I may need it! Does anyone know if I need to take the pto and drive pulley off to remove the engine or if there is a pin or something on the crankshaft I need to remove before pulling the motor. This will be the first time pulling am engine of a horse (or anything for that matter). Will be uploading pics as I get into it. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

km3h

I would suggest that you take photos of everything you do. When putting things back together, it is sometimes difficult to remember where each piece came from. This is especially important when it comes to the linkage to the carburetor and governor. I see no reason why you would need to remove the PTO.