Sign in to follow this  
fordsonmajortom

gearbox

fordsonmajortom

The transaxle input shaft on my raider 14 moves in and out, so much so that the pulley has rubbed on the belt guard , Is this anything to worry about or will it go on for years yet without any problem apart from a bit of noise.

fordsonmajortom

Just bringing it to the top of the list to get some more views, don,t want to take the tranny apart unless I have to as it all works ok. :banghead:

Curmudgeon

Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. You've checked the tightness of the pulley to make sure it is indeed the shaft moving, not just the pulley sliding on the shaft, right?

Next dumb question, the belt guard hasn't been bent any, has it? There really isn't a whole lot of clearance to start with.......

Just making sure................

fordsonmajortom

Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. You've checked the tightness of the pulley to make sure it is indeed the shaft moving, not just the pulley sliding on the shaft, right?

Next dumb question, the belt guard hasn't been bent any, has it? There really isn't a whole lot of clearance to start with.......

Just making sure................

You were right.It wasn,t a dumb question there was so much crud on the boss of the pulley that it looked like the shaft was moving in and out.The pulley was loose on the shaft :omg: I gave it a good pull and it nearly came right off,looks ok just got to fix it properly. The pulley has lost quite a bit of thickness on the flange where it has rubbed on the belt guard ,it was only the belt guard stopping it falling off. The tractor is coming apart soon for a repaint. :banghead: :USA:

Curmudgeon

All I'll say is..... been there. :banghead:

Glad you found it, and it wasn't too serious.