Amanda B

mid mount grader blade manual?

Amanda B

I have a mid mount grade blade that was purchased with the 416 tractor NEW.. back in the 80ties..  The blade was not a new part, but used..and sold with  the new tractor from the dealer as a accessory..    so  don't have a clue how to mount it.. don't suppose there is a manual? 

It also sat out so is rusted solid, so needs some work..  I think it is missing some parts, springs mostly..    real shame,  sadly some of the accessories on this tractor sat out as around that time by father who purchased the tractor was ill..  so other than using it as a mower and a plow for the snow..  not much else was considered..  

Hope you can help.. THANKS! 

gwest_ca

If it is 50" this should work

If it is 40" use this one

Garry

cheesegrader

I think the springs help lock the arm controlling the blade angle into place.

The blade should work just fine without them if you don't change the angle.

It is a great attachment.  

Don't worry about rust on the blade.  A little time at work, and it will scrape right off!

There aren't many parts.  A few pictures would help sort out what you have, and what you need.

Amanda B

Thanks.. I think it is the 40" as for rust.. its rusted solid into position so no changing the angle :)   guess that is good If I am missing the spring..funny as it actually has a decent amount of paint still on it.. except on that section.. It was sitting on the blade outside for quite awhile (wrong way to store a blade!)   but all the penetrating oil in the world will not free them.. I have tried..

Thinking I may try  the electrolysis method for rust removal..   Will see..   :)

Opps spoke to soon.. I get some pictures.. it may be the 50"  I need to go and take a good look at it, been in the garage and buried.. but If I remeber right the bracket is behind the blade.. 

Edited by Amanda B

dennist

Very much worth getting out and rust freed up, if you have any gravel drive/road you want to clean up. This pic was in spring with a lot of ruts in the road prior and no new gravel hauled in. By the way this was a 416 with a 50" grader blade also.

post-3300-0-28134600-1402402073_thumb.jp

rexman72

yes pics would make us happy.

Amanda B

As requested!  I am thinking I really do want to fix this item up to nice vs just use as is..  Why not?   may be kind of fun! 

post-13120-0-17438600-1402580645_thumb.j

post-13120-0-15909900-1402580647_thumb.j

cheesegrader

I can't tell what is missing without a view from the top.

The important pieces seem to be there.

You may need a link bar from the rockshaft to the blade (may be there, just can't see the attachment point), 

and the nuts/bolts/spring that attach the blade to the mounting frame.

You also need the bracket that mounts the frame to the rear axle.  Might already be on the tractor.

Edited by cheesegrader

Forest Road

Never thought id be using a little garden tractor to clean up our shared driveway every year. It's probably 1/4 mile +. The grader blade is by far my favorite attachment! So long as you have a lot if dirt and gravel it'll work well.