kc8kqy@gmail.com

Onan

kc8kqy@gmail.com

Ok my understanding is. The 16 18 and 20 hp Onan . Are the same except crank. Longer stroke more hp.

Am I right?

kc8kqy@gmail.com

By the way one thing I am asking for. Is I have a great running 20 hp . And a 516h WH. The 16 is running weak. Just got it. I changed the oil. It was horable...!!! And found small chunks of metal in oil drain cap. Not shavings but 2 or 3 small chunks.

seuadr

if the question is - can you stuff the p220 in the p216's spot.. i believe dimensionally they are nearly identical if not identical, and have the same eaton 1100 trans so i believe that is a yes.

kc8kqy@gmail.com

Ya. Thanks

I was ck ing specs. It looks like the only difference I could find was stroke.

If so it could be possible to put a 18 or 20 rods and crank in my 16 block. Then have a 18 or 20 horse.

kc8kqy@gmail.com

By the way. I will have to take the 20 hp out of my white gt-1855 . :-(

I took the Briggs out of it . And dropped the 20hp Onan in it. It's a beast . My wheel horse is toy next to the white. 12 inch rims on the wheel horse. 15 inch on the white. Hydro 3 point hitch shaft drive pto. Had to rework drive shaft to take the 1 1/8 shaft of the Onan .

ericj

the motors will swap but check your wiring diagrams i think a post 90 harness will work on a 88 or 89 tractor but not the other way around with our making changes so you should be ok but check it out first

eric j

seuadr

Why not just get a deck for the gt?

kc8kqy@gmail.com

I have been looking for a deck for a year now. ..

My spendles are bad . Shaft is 112 bucks bearings and cups 55 x 3 spendles . Worse yet spacer for them . That goes between bearings unavailable .

I have been thinking of putting my mounting hardware. On a craftmans 50" deck because they are close to same deck height .

Edited by kc8kqy@gmail.com

ericj

you come to the big show pretty good chance you'll find a deck or spendalls there

eric j