fireman

Guy rolls his Wheel Horse 20ft. down a hill!

Butch

Typical Connecticut Wheelhorse owner. They think they own the roads. He probably got a nudge from an out of

state Horse owner.

• Like 1

dcrage

I have to wonder how many guys shift their body position to the uphill side to counterbalance the weight of the tractor to avoid rolling.

Of course that is much more effective the fatter you are! LOL

dcrage

I thought that was how you msintained traction. You know; shift your weight to the side where the rear wheel is spinning.

Road-Track

I have to wonder how many guys shift their body position to the uphill side to counterbalance the weight of the tractor to avoid rolling.

Of course that is much more effective the fatter you are! LOL

Always works for me. kind of like a sailboat on close tack. You have to watch what you are doing closely.

tunahead72

Best argument for operational seat safety switches ... wouldn't you say?

You know, I read SOI's post the other day, and immediately "liked" it.

Literally the next day, I was working with a couple of other guys on a lawn mowing crew.  One of the guys started up a big heavy 48" walk-behind, put it in high gear and started moving, way too fast.  One of his hands slipped off the brake, and the machine started going in a nice big circle, with him trying to chase after it and grab the brake to stop it.  He finally gave up and just let go with his other hand, and the machine coasted very quickly to a stop and shut itself off.  The whole thing only took about 2 seconds, and it could have turned out SO much worse.

I'm a big fan of SOME of these safety switches, and this is where I would normally give a brief lecture about making sure yours work properly.  But in a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, I have a missing seat switch on my 310-8.  If I remember correctly, I can actually get off my tractor while the engine is running and the tractor is moving, with the mower turning :omg: .  I have all the parts and everything, I do believe it's time to put the damn thing on, before you guys start reading news stories about ME. :hide:

• Like 2

shorts

I'm all for safety switches but they don't do anything or any goo when bad judgment is in control, the switches don't shut anything off or prevent it from happening until you have parted company with the seat,

. in all of the aforementioned incidents bad choices , risky behavior and or lack of training cause these tractors to roll over. 

YOU the operator are responsable for the safe operation of the machine.  BE CAREFUL and if in doubt don't take the chance.