bumpnrun33

gt 14 auto trans problem

bumpnrun33

This is my first post,so here goes. I have 1971 GT14 with a Sunstrand 90-2062 hydro. My problem is it freewheels in neutral. The tow valve can be opened or closed same thing. I've put new o-rings on tow valve. Still the same Any help would be appreciated Thanks Mike

oldredrider

You will need to define "freewheels in neutral" to get an answer. If the tractor moves with the parking brake on, the parking pawl is worn or broken inside the transmission. If it rolls in neutral with the parking brake off, that is normal.

Edited by oldredrider

bumpnrun33

When I'm on an incline and push on the brake pedal it keeps rolling. No way to stop it Just don't seem right to me

meadowfield

Does it hold if you use the motion control to stop it?

Sounds like the parking brake pawl has had it.

Theroundhousernr

If I go down a hill with my GT14 and pull the hydro lever back too fast it will throw me into the steering wheel. If I hit the break to fast , It will also do the same thing. Its a little unclear  with your issue because of the description at hand. If the neutral setting if off ,then  when you hit the break and its still in the forward position it will just keep on going due to worn linkage and so on. So pull back on the hydro lever to try and stop. Almost like your are trying to go into reverse but don't pull it that far back. That will help answer some questions.

My parking pawl is not functional so if I park on a hill , shut down , and pull the trans release , It will very slowly crawl away like a dog that just chewed on your carpet. I believe mine functions as designed besides the parking pawl. If yours does not respond this way, then there is an issue whether its worn out pump, or valve issues.

Kyle  

Edited by Theroundhousernr

953 nut

:WRS:   The problem may be the acceration springs and valves in the transmision. Go to the manuals section on this site and look up the manual for your trans. It has a helpful trouble shooting section that you can use as well as info on these springs and valves. A member here named "refracman" has a contact that has the springs you will need.

Good luck and keep us posted.

:text-welcomeconfetti: 

:wwp:

oldredrider

It may be as simple as adjusting the neutral adjustment cam, but we're shooting in the dark without more info.

Does your parking brake work? When parked on an incline, with the parking brake applied, does the tractor stay stationary?

As mentioned above, can you stop the tractor with the motion control lever?

bumpnrun33

The parking pawl does not work. I wll check the neutral cam  tomorrow and see if that helps. thank you all for the info Mike